Treework - Santa clara - slowmo

RC0

Must be something to do with my iPad's settings Jim as it will not play through the app either.

I think theres copyright issues Pete. Works for some, not others. Won't even work for me now. I'll sort it when I get home later.

I think theres copyright issues Pete. Works for some, not others. Won't even work for me now. I'll sort it when I get home later.

Try this one mate. Different tune. Use HD

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qrt2t3g5eco]Santa clara Treework 2 No copyright issue - YouTube[/ame]

Nice job as usual Reg :)

I do have a couple of questions;

You have a great talent for landing logs flat. Do you work instinctively or work length ratios & angles?

Secondly, you seem to work after dark on quite a few occasions. Is this cultural in Canada as in the UK, excluding storm work, I only put the head torch on a few times a year & seldom for felling or climbing.

Nice job as usual Reg :)

I do have a couple of questions;

You have a great talent for landing logs flat. Do you work instinctively or work length ratios & angles?

Secondly, you seem to work after dark on quite a few occasions. Is this cultural in Canada as in the UK, excluding storm work, I only put the head torch on a few times a year & seldom for felling or climbing.

I do adjust the log lengths and face cuts to suit Pete, thanks. We didn't want a bad bounce with any of those.

Re: the night working. Not a cultural thing at all....just some jobs get underbid and its dark early this time of year.

Its a shame the camera couldn't pick up the full situation of that last log there right at the end. Only the sound of the time it takes to fold and the impact itself suggests that it was actuay about 65 in length. It had one spot where we could land it (within 3-4 feet at the far end),where it wouldn't take a potentially bad deflection.

Scott, who's an excellent faller, got really flustered on the previous log because his guys had destroyed the chain on his 66, unbeknown to him until he started cutting. By the time he got it down it was pitch black and we were really under pressure to get out of there. I very respectfully suggested that I do the tall one. He knew what I was getting at....in that everything was in place for a potential accident were he to continue.

Anyway, its not a great feeling falling a big stick in the dark like that....but I have absolute confidence in the site-lines....plus we set a laser-pointer in the face-cut just for reassurance thereafter....as with a Humboldt style cut you can't look into the face to get any sense of direction....that and it being totally dark of course. Anyways, it landed where it should, and totally held out for the mill guys.

Grey git, we cleaned up as we went along. Thanks again.