My sob story

Andymacp9

• Replies 53
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Defo worth an email to Husqvarna UK, I had a similar issue with a 575xp a couple of years ago, I bought the saw in the States, dealer claimed it was my fault that it had seized and wouldn't even repair it because it wasn't EU spec, an email to Husqvarna not only got me a replacement but also a free upgrade to a 576XPG!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Most will agree and as said its extremely rare to get an unsalvageable pot. Most can be brought back to life after a good clean and aluminium removal and good quality replacement piston and rings.

I don't know if its true but "supposedly" stihl 2 stroke has some fuel inhibitor in it to help fuel going stale but that's another thread in itself. That's the only oil I will use and all I recommend for what my opinions worth.

However you now how a good excuse to get your cylinder ported whilst its apart or in the rare case the pot is cream crackered a hyway big bore kit....

A couple of years ago, we had a spate of scored chainsaws arrive one after another for repair. We started to question the owners and they had all got their petrol from the same garage. As they went into pay, they also bought a bottle of 2 stroke oil that had a moped pictured on front. This was a mineral oil that was only suitable for use at 25:1 and certainly no good in chainsaws. The long term cure was to sell the garage a few boxes of Oregon semi synthetic 2 stroke oil, and no more scored saws appeared .

The moral is that filling station 2 stroke oil is generally poor quality and not suitable for landscape equipment. Generally only semi synthetic or full synthetic 2 stroke oil is suitable for professional use at 50:1 and if it doesn't say synthetic on the bottle it wont be.

On the subject of piston and barrels, I would certainly try cleaning up the barrel with light abrasive and then fit a new genuine piston and rings which shouldn't be too dear. Tecomec brand also gives good reults

Defo worth an email to Husqvarna UK, I had a similar issue with a 575xp a couple of years ago, I bought the saw in the States, dealer claimed it was my fault that it had seized and wouldn't even repair it because it wasn't EU spec, an email to Husqvarna not only got me a replacement but also a free upgrade to a 576XPG!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I'm sure husky will say 'well you were not using husky 2 stroke so..'.

I have PMed the OP, I should be able to offer a fix and also more importantly, do all the checks and set up to ensure it doesn't happen again straight after repair which I have seen before on other "repaired" saws but hasten to add - not mine:001_rolleyes::lol::thumbdown:

See what happens if you contact Husqvarna but am happy to resolve this issue and hopefully find out what caused it and for a reasonable price.