Benefit street !!!

Mr Oz

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

They bring in tons more than they cost the taxpaper. Not what reblicans love to hear or they want anyone else to hear for that matter.

I'm not sure they personally bring in any money to the exchequer. If you class tourists coming to London to see the sights then I disagree, they majority of tourists come to see Buckingham Palace, The Tower of London, The Crown Jewels etc etc not the Royal family. And all those attractions I've listed are publicly owned and will always be an attraction Queen or no Queen

TCD with you 100% on this one, I read once that when queenie etc go on their so called jollies abroad they take with them delegates from various british firms to drum up business, this alone generates millions for our economy. don't know or care if that statements true, im british and proud of it and the royal family is a massive part of being british

Lol :lol: Business decisions involving multiple millions aren't finalised with dinner with the Queen or one of those liabilities of hers called sons, sound business deals are made with rational planning and careful decision. Not a vintage port whilst sitting next to Prince Philip :lol:

France and Germany have no monarchy, but they are ranked economically second and first in Europe.

Lol :lol: Business decisions involving multiple millions aren't finalised with dinner with the Queen or one of those liabilities of hers called sons, sound business deals are made with rational planning and careful decision. Not a vintage port whilst sitting next to Prince Philip :lol:

France and Germany have no monarchy, but they are ranked economically second and first in Europe.

I did say I don't care if its true or not:001_tt2::laugh1::laugh1:

TBH dinner with Prince Philip and that tool Edward are more likely to lose us trade than produce it

Edward does come over as a bit of a tool, philip though could be a right crack, although as you say we would probably lose a lot of trade with his remarks about slitty eyes and chinky takeaways.

economically well but everything else bankrupt :001_rolleyes::001_rolleyes::001_rolleyes:

I'm not sure they personally bring in any money to the exchequer. If you class tourists coming to London to see the sights then I disagree, they majority of tourists come to see Buckingham Palace, The Tower of London, The Crown Jewels etc etc not the Royal family. And all those attractions I've listed are publicly owned and will always be an attraction Queen or no Queen

They're only publicly owned because the monarchy that originally owned them transferred them to the state ("Crown Estate") & undertook to take a percentage of the income as their income i.e. the "Civil List". Th annual value of the Crown Estate is many times larger than the Civil List & now "we" even expect them to pay tax on that They are paying tax to the crown on income generated from the crown estate!

Now if you want to argue that the Civil List covers too many "royals" then I'd agree, but the Civil List is outstanding value for money for the taxpayer.

Elect a president & we'd get Clinton/Mugabwe/Saddam/Stalin/Chavez/De Rompuoy or even bloody Kennedy who nearly got us World War III in the early 60's.

Give me good old Lizzie Windsor any day.

They're only publicly owned because the monarchy that originally owned them transferred them to the state ("Crown Estate") & undertook to take a percentage of the income as their income i.e. the "Civil List". Th annual value of the Crown Estate is many times larger than the Civil List & now "we" even expect them to pay tax on that They are paying tax to the crown on income generated from the crown estate!

Now if you want to argue that the Civil List covers too many "royals" then I'd agree, but the Civil List is outstanding value for money for the taxpayer.

Elect a president & we'd get Clinton/Mugabwe/Saddam/Stalin/Chavez/De Rompuoy or even bloody Kennedy who nearly got us World War III in the early 60's.

Give me good old Lizzie Windsor any day.

:thumbup1::thumbup1::thumbup1:

but you got to see the world for free and got paid for it ,so you did ok ,just have a heart for these poor fekers on welfare ,must be bloody hard living on it :biggrin:

Erm, I dont think so, its not quite as glamerous as portrayed, round the clock shifts with little contact home to name a few. Prison with the added risk of drowning was more like it!