Spuds Porting and Tuning Thread

spudulike

Hi Steve , keeping up the good work i see ...just following up on the pms , that 357 you did for me has to be the best saw ive ever had . A guy actually walked up to me yesterday and asked me what was done to it he said it sounded like a trials bike !! .

Thanks Patrick, those 357XPs are bonkers when they run full tilt, very reliable and pull decent power, got to be one of the best ever favourites of mine:thumbup:

Mr Spud

I have used my 395xp that has been thou your workshop and you breathed your magic on and what a delight it truly is I am so happy. Thank you again for being a truly gifted and brilliant person and for taking on my saw and spudding it.

Thanks again

Matt.

A pleasure Matt, I wish you a belated happy birthday and it was nice to meet you and see the delight in seeing what I had done to your saw - wish they were all that clean.

Happy to do the work and am sure it will give good service.

Hello spud, how much difference does it make to a 390xp when you tune it? Does it give it more torque?

Have a word with Stubby, I did his a while ago and he likes it. Here is a vid of it on a 24" with MattyF on the blunt end. I had ported Matts 395XP and we did a comparison - the 395 had it but to be expected by the standard HP figs!

The wood was seasoned beech BTW!

[ame]

[/ame] Edited by spudulike

Is that mine Steve? Can't wait to use the finished product

Yes Scott, it is yours, all done now and just need to run it up and tach it, all in good condition, no air leaks, carb and fuel line fine, good base compression and now pulling 190psi so good.

Got to go easy on these Xtorq machines down to the flatness of the exhaust port floor as it can catch the rings but worked round that and will tach it over the weekend.

Have a word with Stubby, I did his a while ago and he likes it. Here is a vid of it on a 24" with MattyF on the blunt end. I had ported Matts 395XP and we did a comparison - the 395 had it but to be expected by the standard HP figs!

The wood was seasoned beech BTW!

Nice one, that looks good! Probably more go than a standard 660?