Spuds Porting and Tuning Thread

spudulike

Well thats the MM done then ! :biggrin:

I think the hole should be slightly smaller....Looking forward to seeing your patch Spud!

It sounded immense.... shame it melted the top cover, brake handle and my sodding fingers! :D

Is there nowt you can do with it mate??

I could bend that flappy bit off and charge you for the benefit :lol:

Seriously, I would have to square the hole, make sure the surrounding metal was up to it, fabricate a patch that is a close fit and than braze it all around and then do the muffler mod.

It would cost as much as a new part - it is knackered, just go and buy a new one! Chances are the repaired one may fail around the joined area!

can anyone help with an 070? I bought one completely stripped in biscuit tins with a knackered piston. Bought a meteor piston kit, crank bearings and seals, gasket kit, and fuel kit. Problem is I didn't take it apart so have very little clue how it goes back together. I've rebuilt a few top ends but never a crank, and the diagram I have is quite vague when it comes to some of the smaller parts. Can anyone identify what the rubber washer is in the first picture, and where it goes? it has a bevel on the inside but only on one side.

tn_25_zpsbrhii6pe.png

Also the two metal spacer type thing in the bottom of this picture. And the cotton type washer thing. What are they and where do they go?

tn_28_zpscaxu6sei.png

I also can't find the five bolts that hold the two sides of the crank together, does anyone know the correct size/thread etc? Also if anyone has any pictures from an 070/090/1106 resto or rebuild that would really help as i'm basically trying to put a jigsaw back together without the picture.

Hi spud I have just got a good as new 357 Xp with a knackered piston and barrel any suggestions could you save the barrel with a rebore?. Cheers

You can't rebore the cylinder but you can often clean off the transferred aluminium and then lightly hone the bore so it will accept a new piston. I have done hundreds of machines with around 95% success with the rest just being too scored or damaged rather than failing after repair!