Spuds Porting and Tuning Thread

spudulike

I'm with Matty my 357 is modded as much as it can be with out doing any pop up pistion etc

Spud ported mine I don't think there would be much in my 357 on a 18inch bar and a 560 on a 18 inch bar but feel the 560 would still have the edge at the end of the day

Now spuds pop up pistion is a different toy i don't think the 560 would out cut it but it would not be far behind

Once I done the turning work spud come down my yard to cut some wood and that thin flys

Thanks to spud my 346xpg arrived on Tuesday, 👍, got first chance to use it today, holly **** it's fast.

Timed it against 550xp, was going to upload the video but it was my first one via go pro and I Accidentally deleted it 👎,

Anyway in 10/12" oak, on four cuts the average time was 5.4 seconds for the 346 and 7 seconds for the 550xp.

Both saws used the same chain!!.

I think it's livened the saw up, sounds lush too!!, drinks a little but more but hardly noticeable, and even came back smelling nice?!

Was it gt85 spud?

Anyway thanks mate, hopefully be sending up the 372 for a muff mod when your workload calms down, then the 540 then 660 then .............😀😀

Josh

Thanks to spud my 346xpg arrived on Tuesday, 👍, got first chance to use it today, holly **** it's fast.

Timed it against 550xp, was going to upload the video but it was my first one via go pro and I Accidentally deleted it 👎,

Anyway in 10/12" oak, on four cuts the average time was 5.4 seconds for the 346 and 7 seconds for the 550xp.

I think it's livened the saw up, sounds lush too!!, drinks a little but more but hardly noticeable, and even came back smelling nice?!

Was it gt85 spud?

Anyway thanks mate, hopefully be sending up the 372 for a muff mod when your workload calms down, then the 540 then 660 then .............😀😀

Josh

Glad it turned out nice - it seemed pretty fast when I tried it and good to see the figures against the 550XP:thumbup:

Yes, GT85 :thumbup: gave it a good blast of GT85 and then the compressor - cleans most of the crap off.

Thanks for letting us all know - always good info:thumbup:

Was it gt85 spud?

Josh

Spud did my 346 a good long time ago , one of the first if not the first . Still going strong on a 15" .325 driven by an 8 pin . There was no such thing as a 550 then but since the 550 was borne I always wondered if it would better my 346 . Seems not ! :biggrin:

Glad it turned out nice - it seemed pretty fast when I tried it and good to see the figures against the 550XP:thumbup:

Yes, GT85 :thumbup: gave it a good blast of GT85 and then the compressor - cleans most of the crap off.

Thanks for letting us all know - always good info:thumbup:

Yh mate wiped the floor clean on the 550 drowns it out now, hate the sound if those anyway,

Smells lovely , 👍 the smell stayed on for an hour or two untill it got warm lol

Yh bang on thanks mate. Let me know when you have tine for the 372, would be nice to have it do e before middle may as that's when my big tree is booked for if it's possible?

Spud did my 346 a good long time ago , one of the first if not the first . Still going strong on a 15" .325 driven by an 8 pin . There was no such thing as a 550 then but since the 550 was borne I always wondered if it would better my 346 . Seems not ! :biggrin:

No afraid not, my mate looked like he was about to cry when we worked out the Average time, 😎, and he nearly chucked the 550 on the bonfire today when it wouldn't hot start 😋

That was the second one Andy, my own personal one was the very first and was one of those - "I wonder what will happen if....." Moments

:001_rolleyes::lol: