MS200T Air Bubble

walker

Has anyone else noticed this, you fill the oil tank in the 200 to where you think its full then if you tip the saw slightley to the side up pops a bubble of air hidden under the oil and you find only half the tank is full! Try it next time you fill up.

Joe

• Replies 37
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Umm interesting, I use stihl filling system and not really noticed but will have a good look next time as not something I really look at. On another note I like using my 181 for trimming stems and sometimes the oil cap pops of covering me in chain oil, what am I doing wrong and has anyone had this happen on 200t?

yeah I always tip and then top up. as for caps popping off, thats from putting ever so slightly too much oil in and the pressure is too much to get the cap on properly

I think. My O26c has proper screw caps and they do my head in.

I don't know whether it's the purpose of the air pocket, but if you slightly overfill with no air pocket the cap will not press in as oil does not compress, if you have an air pocket the air will compress allowing you to get the cap on.

It's also handy if you do misjudge, just tip it up, the air comes out and the level it spot on.

Just my theory

Ignore me if this is stupid but I wondered why sometimes the caps came off on my MS260 and spilt oil/fuel, then I looked and (apologies for the pathetic girl terminology here) noticed you have to make sure the twisty bit is twisted a certain way round (obviously it can be in one of two positions) for it to fit on properly... you push it down and twist it and it feels on but it isn't, so I check it's in the sort of "open" position before I put it on now.

I know it sounds obvious but I'd been putting them on for ages before I even noticed that was the case as nine times out of ten it would go on properly so I hadn't had to think about it. :blush: