How to become a full time tree surgeon

Cov Climber

Get all your relevant qualifications/tickets , go work for someone on the books for a bit if your new to it or become a sub contractor. If you go the subby route you can go work for companies and fill in gaps with your own stuff.

a little steps mate, when you go for a drive at night, your headlamps don't light up your final destination, they just light up enough for you to see in front for a bit.:001_smile:

It's really very simple, you just need to want it, and it will happen.:001_cool:

Welcome aboard

Edited by Stephen Blair

a little steps mate, when you go for a drive at night, your headlamps don't light up your final destination, they just light up enough for you to see in front for a bit.:001_smile:

It's really very simple, you just need to want it, and it will happen.:001_cool:

Welcome aboard

That's a very good way of putting it! I like it :)

Edited by Stephen Blair

if you are desperate, quote your tree work lower and price your landscaping work a bit higher. If you continue to get landscaping work, you'll make more; if you get more tree work from competetive pricing, once the ball is rolling you can raise the prices again and rely on word of mouth.

The more hedges you do, the more hedges you get. The more trees you do, the more trees you get. People will usually recommend you to their friends for the job you did for them!

It's really very simple, our just need to want it, and it will happen.:001_cool:

Welcome aboard

Very true and nicely put Stephen :thumbup:

That's some really good advice, thank you. I have got my cs30, 31, 38 and 39 and have been climbing for about 2 years. Hopefully this year I will get my cs32, 40 and 41 and then take it to the next level.

I'm 33 years old and have finally found something I really enjoy doing and would love to make a career out of it.

That's some really good advice, thank you. I have got my cs30, 31, 38 and 39 and have been climbing for about 2 years. Hopefully this year I will get my cs32, 40 and 41 and then take it to the next level.

I'm 33 years old and have finally found something I really enjoy doing and would love to make a career out of it.

Keep going bud, the cs41-45 course is a good one to do. If your dealing with wind blown trees a fair bit go for the 34. 👍.

All the best bud

if you are desperate, quote your tree work lower and price your landscaping work a bit higher. If you continue to get landscaping work, you'll make more; if you get more tree work from competetive pricing, once the ball is rolling you can raise the prices again and rely on word of mouth.

/QUOTE]

I'm sorry to say it but that's bad advice.

If you start off cheap, you'll get loads of recommendations because 'you're the cheap guy'.

Then when you raise your prices, your client base will go elsewhere because they are accustomed to paying low rates.

I don't know why anyone would want to do an extremely physical, potentially lethal job with high overheads and not make much money.

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!