Paleo diet for arborists

Steve Bullman

Can I ask, how does the cost of this diet compare to what you were eating before? (genuine question)

24 eggs cost about $9, veggies about $20 a week, meat on top, maybe another 20. Its fuel for your body, isn't it worth putting in premium instead of low grade crap? What happens when you run your car on cheap fuel?

If pasties, pies, cakes and beer are off the menu then it sounds like a pointless existence to me!:laugh1:

Although it would be interesting to see how much 'better' I would feel eating that way. Im probably luckly in that I feel crap all the time rather than just after eating some carbs etc!:001_huh::laugh1:

Mark is that what you're eating? Wow. Do you have a gut?

Well not just those, I do eat a bit of the green stuff now and then!:laugh1:

No, no gut yet, im no Peter Andre but im not a fat git yet, I do still have to work on the tools for a living ATM.

I suppose like a lot of people I could do with eating and drinking healthier but I dont think its a big problem for me atm so I would rather just enjoy what I am eating and drinking.

Only and observation but there is a good a chance that those who do feel the down side of al lot of carbs could have things like wheat intolerances problems.

Can I ask, how does the cost of this diet compare to what you were eating before? (genuine question)

As posted earlier in the thread:

I spend about £35 a week on all my food. However, I view food as fuel. I thrive on the same things every day.

Typical shopping list for two weeks is 60 eggs, a whole pork belly including ribs, a pack of ground coffee, a pack of green tea, about ten items of green veg from broccoli to cabbage to kale, 2kg grated cheese, a pack of butter and twenty tins of makerel.

Comes to about £70 I guess.

£20 would be cheap! You're spot on with the 'premium fuel' analogy also. You can't replace your body, after all.

For me it's not just healthy, it's practical. I do 99% of my cooking in a microwave and a George Foreman grill at the yard, and it always tastes amazing.

Sometimes cook on the log burner too.

My mate does an emmense amount of training for an Iron man .

2 mile swim in the morning before work and 60-100 miles a night on his bike trainer a few times a week plus running.

He eats an emmense amount of food, mainly chicken, fish and couscous !!

He is like an energiser bunny, always hyper, happy and focused and about 10% body fat.

He eats piles of calories before his bedtime aswell.

Oh and he's 23!

I think for all the guys around 40 its hard to get to grips with not having the energy we had when we were 30!

If you feel better mentally and physically from this diet, crack on!

My lunch today is chicken, lettuce, couscous with avocado and brown bread. And I drink water all day with the odd coffee thrown in.

This morning I had porridge, honey and bananas and at 10am I had a scrambled egg roll.

I think that's quite healthy.

As long as I don't eat too much at 1 sitting I don't crash.

Edited by Stephen Blair