harness rash/rubbing pain

samiad

Ive had a few harnesses and but after a while they always seem to rub me pretty sore. Been away on holiday for a bit on god it was grim dangling round all day today. Sides are sore as, rubbed raw. I keep finding my coat/ t shirt or whatever I wear tends to ride up and then the harness is just on my skin and it hurts. I get a bit lazy adjusting leg loops correctly and sometines its maybe not sitting quite right but I was wondering if anyone had any tips on whats best to wear to avoid this happening or any particularluy comfortouble harnesses that are out there. Ive got a sequia and a Navaho at the minute but im thinking of something with buit in seat next maybe! Dress me!:001_huh:

Most of the new ones seem to do this as they concentrate your weight in the leg loops and consequently up into your crutch. I know some trees and some operations don't lend themselves to this, though you could try thinking about putting more weight onto the tree when you climb.

Your choice of trousers may also have an effect. Some of the makes out there finish the lining badly or with ridges right at the point where the leg loops are. Check this before changing. Certain types of material, (some of the Helly Henson stuff is bad for this), causes friction and is too short. Get some longer under shirts, adjust regularly and perhaps get some long, cotton, snug jockey shorts as these should cover your legs where the legs loops contact.

I have an old style Willans that I find very comfortable, though I keep catching my funny bone on the side D-rings.

Ive had a few harnesses and but after a while they always seem to rub me pretty sore. Been away on holiday for a bit on god it was grim dangling round all day today. Sides are sore as, rubbed raw. I keep finding my coat/ t shirt or whatever I wear tends to ride up and then the harness is just on my skin and it hurts. I get a bit lazy adjusting leg loops correctly and sometines its maybe not sitting quite right but I was wondering if anyone had any tips on whats best to wear to avoid this happening or any particularluy comfortouble harnesses that are out there. Ive got a sequia and a Navaho at the minute but im thinking of something with buit in seat next maybe! Dress me!:001_huh:

I think you have answered your own question there, address that problem first, if that don't cure it change the harness. Best way to do that is to try a few.