Compact tractor

treefrog

Yes it does work we have done it with our little timber trailer on the back of a Hilux just make sure it's a good one or it will be really slow

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

What size engine you using?

Sorry again for the derail.

Compact tractors are good if you can justify them. So having to get them to a site miles away will require a trailer. Plus licences, then you have to get them back again, also a homeowner that doesn't mind a tractor going through there garden. Most wouldn't want it on there nice flat lawn etc.

• Replies 36
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Just have to ask a questions over that timber trailer.

Would it be possible to run one of those on a stand alone engine mounted on the trailer rather than trailer hyd? Was always thinking of a new project next year of building a timber trailer with grab that could be towed with a land rover or 4x4.

Or do you think the engine would have to be too big? Was thinking of a compact engine.

Sorry for the derail. Just asking when I remember to.

Yes it's quite possible , in fact it came set up to be run on one ie shorter pipes . Have a look at Riko uk website

Yeah that's ok for landy users, but what if not. Like hillux users? A seperate engine to drive a hyd pump to run the grab. Would it be worth it or not, and if so what would be the size of engine that would be needed. What do these grabs need to run from? Or the pumps.

Well you did say land rover:001_rolleyes:

Our John Deere 2520 has a little loader on it. Runs a 1m flail and a variety of other bits of kit. Very maneuverable. Will lift a fair amount of weight on the front but the bucket is only small. So doesn't hold a huge amount. Needs forks for lifting timber really.

This is out little kubota

[ATTACH]145003[/ATTACH]

Apologies for the slight hijack but tell me more about your little Kubota, hours, reliability, real world lift capacity, etc.

I have a serious notion for an ST30!

Personally, I cannot speak highly enough of kubota. I have an stv 32. Had a kubota for 10 years from new before that. Faultless. The one I have now I have had for 5 years. Again faultless. I had a loader on the old one. Very powerful, but would not life much weight.