dealing with rude/wrong customers

• Replies 35
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

If so far through the job finish it cut your losses. If only just started or not started. Let them know you cannot work with them, then leave. They will likely be used to it. Lifes too short for the extra hassle.

Sometimes you can pscychologically outwit and put them in their place and restore a working relationship.

Stand back and look at the situation calculatedly

I usually let them have their say, then when they are ready to listen put forth my opinion.

Most of the time they will consider it and sometimes you can bring them round to your way of thinking.

If they still insist, either walk away or make sure you have quoted right!

Of course sometimes with particularly rude customers you need to have a very thick skin to let them have their say!

Fortunately most people I come across are actually great people, even if they are wrong! :001_tt2:

You must remember however, that you cant be right all of the time, so consider their opinion too!

Edited by JimE

how do you deal with rude or wrong customers? I take "the customer is all ways rite" way of thinking but its bloody hard sometimes lol

Some people get through life by acting rude and arrogant to get their own way. my advice would be to listen to their opinion and then calmly lay out your opinion, referencing previous experience in the matter.

failing that, if they are a pain from the word go, they will probably be a pain when it comes to critisizing your work, and payment.

let them be someone elses problem!

Business is business....if you want the money for the job...

My approach to the odd shitty customer is:

Kill them with kindness...be overly polite, helpful,prompt...etc...

Give them no reason what so ever to be rude...

Communication skills are always key..

I've had some right bastards in the past..who after working for them have turned out to be fine..

If you really can live without the work leave it so someone else..

If they are rude at the quoting stage what they gonna be like at the paying stage?? I have had it a couple of times, first time I was polite and just basically told the guy what he wanted was a waste of time and money and he calmed down and listened but the other customer who was just plain rude got told where to stick there tree:)