cpl supply

Joy Yeomans

has anybody else had an email from cpl asking for suppliers for next year i emailed back saying we could supply but what do you pay as it says they provide packaging and transport and not heard a thing????

im guessing its bottom dollar?

joy

Sent from my GT-I8160 using Tapatalk 2

Yes I had the email, I thought is was worth seeing what they had to offer. The person who sent the email took a while to reply - she was off sick. I tried to set up a meeting but she changed it about 4 times. The meeting is meant to happen in the New Year ! I will wait to see if she bothers to contact me.

We used to deal with a guy who extracted 1000 tonnes a year who we bought a large amount of split unseasoned from. He had CPL after everything he could produce, but they only wanted to pay him about twenty pounds a cube or so he said. Either way he never took them up on their offer.

I know a guy who did it for a while, it was bottom dollar as far as I remember, £1 a bag I think. I reckon if you were just doing softwood and buying in biomass grade processor sized sticks and had a slick processor and staff you might be able to make it pay. maybe.

Id rather price against them ,ive recently bean going round garages in cheshire which are not owned by a big company for example euro garages&optimax garages ,up to now i have took one customer off cpl its easy to be cheaper than them ,but getting the likes of optimax garages who stock cpl logs and eurogarages which stock fuelexpress logs to pull out of there contracts is not possibble in my experience .to do the lognets for cpl you need £1.50 each and they supply the net and collect and no more than 8logs in each net ,and a deposit enough to cover your production cost before profit ,they want us to work for pennies and them make to dollars.