saw test tomorrow

THE88MAN

you picked a wonderful day for the saw test but it sounds like you had fun maybe if you had another test soon the 50cc platoon should have 15'' bars the 60cc brigade maybe 18''bars and the heavy artillery min 25'' bar then maybe the dolmar and echo need a few tanks of petrol through them and you can have another showdown:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you picked a wonderful day for the saw test but it sounds like you had fun maybe if you had another test soon the 50cc platoon should have 15'' bars the 60cc brigade maybe 18''bars and the heavy artillery min 25'' bar then maybe the dolmar and echo need a few tanks of petrol through them and you can have another showdown:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

Dolly 5105 won mate - not directly but by deducing bar length options; 16" on a 550cp slowed it down so like for like dolly wins!

Interesting, I reckon on 3/8 or .325 8t the 560xp would have given the 460 a run for its money...

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Mebbe... assuming you don't put an 8t on the 460, which is what you would usually run in that sort of wood.

Mebbe... assuming you don't put an 8t on the 460, which is what you would usually run in that sort of wood.

Yes, but if you want to get that picky, you could fit 8t .404 on the 066 and watch it rip the wood apart in a few seconds

I thought every one runs a 8t on there 66, I would not bother with 404 though.

No, most run it with what ever is fitted, and I was actually told that putting a larger rim on would decrease the torque considerably

Yes, but if you want to get that picky, you could fit 8t .404 on the 066 and watch it rip the wood apart in a few seconds

With the possible exception of poplar, even with square ground chain, an 8t 3/8 460 dual port would destroy a 660 in 8" of wood if the 660 were running 404.

Put all those guys in 16" of wood and the difference in displacement will be even more apparent.

In 8" of wood, I have a ported 444SE that would beat all those guys, even the 460 and the 660. And do it easily. 8" gives very little resistance, and is not much of a yard stick to compare saws of such wide range of displacement in. I may have 8" of beech laying about. I'll do some cuts with the 2165 I got here and we can compare ;) With very little resistance, it's all about chain speed. That 460 is not gonna slow down much in 8", and it has more potential chain speed than a 660.

Edited by wyk

No, most run it with what ever is fitted, and I was actually told that putting a larger rim on would decrease the torque considerably

I've tried that on the 66 and tend to agree,suppose it depends on what your cutting,i prefer a 7 tooth on those wooly pop butts that's for sure