Forklift for three point linkage

ArthurBottlesworth

New to this website

Getting bit more serious about logging for the home fires ( 3 woodburners )

Lookinging at using ibc crates for cut and split logs, protected with pallet film on top and top 12 inches and leaving them where cut to dry.

Then moving them with pallet forks on three point linkage ( tractor has lift capacity of 700kg)

1) is this sensible?

2) whose forks would you recommend some ebay stuff looks a bit flimsy

Thanks

All sounds very sensible to me. We dry in IBC crates and it works well. For lids you can use the plastic tank cut diagonally to completely cover the top like a little pitched roof. I would go for a fork that is 1.2 m long instead of the 1 m ones as this allows you to pick them up from either angle.

Forks on the back is a good idea, saves buying a whole new machine.

Try fruit farmers. They normally have some good stuff.

I have a fork lift on my tractor, make is Ripvator.

IIRC it will lift 1500kg so pretty strong. I got mine for £100 off ebay which was an absolute bargain!

Much better than the straight forward forks on the linkage as I think you are looking at. You can stack with them as they lift very high, and you can lift a great deal of weight and the wheels will just sit on the floor rather than the front of your tractor lifting up.

(oh yes, I am a fruit farmer too :))

17160_ripvator-rear-mounted-used-fork-lift-taunton_photo_0_1376844611_img.jpg

I have a fork lift on my tractor, make is Ripvator.

IIRC it will lift 1500kg so pretty strong. I got mine for £100 off ebay which was an absolute bargain!

Much better than the straight forward forks on the linkage as I think you are looking at. You can stack with them as they lift very high, and you can lift a great deal of weight and the wheels will just sit on the floor rather than the front of your tractor lifting up.

(oh yes, I am a fruit farmer too :))

17160_ripvator-rear-mounted-used-fork-lift-taunton_photo_0_1376844611_img.jpg

That's the ones. I do remember in college taking them off to do the rebuilds. Damn heavy old lumps they are. And my mate who will remain nameless had hold of the ram used as a top link to level the forks, I took the pipes off and told him to just drop it........ He stunk of hyd oil for weeks. :lol::lol::lol:

I took the sideshift mechanism and hydraulic top link off mine and use it without.

Mine is on a little SAME fruit tractor and copes with up to about a ton very easily. Have another on a different farm and we use that one on an IH574.

Can take them on and off in the same time as any 3 point implement would take, I just lean mine on an upright to the barn and put a chain round it to keep it from falling.

I agree they are heavy if you lie it down but they are not heavy enough to bother a tractor. I would say a 35 would cope if it has a diverter valve for the hydraulics.