Stihl 660 will of run a 42" bar

chainsaw surgeon

Does any one run a 660 on a 42" bar

I run one with a 30" bar and it runs that with ease

Sometimes I need something bigger

I have a husky 3120 but only with a 30" bar

The price for a new bar for the husky is to much but can pick up a 42" one for the stihl for under £100 with chain

The stihl the better saw to use as the husky is a bit of a beast

Does any one run a 660 on a 42" bar

I run one with a 30" bar and it runs that with ease

Sometimes I need something bigger

I have a husky 3120 but only with a 30" bar

The price for a new bar for the husky is to much but can pick up a 42" one for the stihl for under £100 with chain

The stihl the better saw to use as the husky is a bit of a beast

Get a 42" Stihl bar and £6.50 Stihl - to - Husky bar mount adapter then you can run it on either saw ........:001_smile:

or just change the 2 bar studs

How can you do that ? you would have to push them into the oil tank , retrieve them each time ? Why not just use the simple adapter plate ? Piece of piss .... I agree he should buy a Husky bar and put it on the 3120 but he said he would rather use the Stihl .....

How can you do that ? you would have to push them into the oil tank , retrieve them each time ? Why not just use the simple adapter plate ? Piece of piss .... I agree he should buy a Husky bar and put it on the 3120 but he said he would rather use the Stihl .....

sorry my bad im going the other way husky bar on a stihl ,the studs just come out and replace with stud with no coller.what do you mean push into oil tank ?

sorry my bad im going the other way husky bar on a stihl ,the studs just come out and replace with stud with no coller.what do you mean push into oil tank ?

The Husky studs are headed . The head fits in a location inside the oil tank and the plain section of the stud is a close fit in the hole . The way to remove them is to push them back into the oil tank and hook em out with long nosed pliers or a bit of welding rod . . The easiest way to run large mount stihl bars on large mount husky saws is with the Canon adapter plate . Check out the link I posted ....:001_smile: