Desperate measures

Ross Smith

• Replies 29
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

We have fitted flash bangs and smoke grenades to our gates and sheds if they get through the dogs at the house or the geese in the field they will get the surprise of there life's when there lost in green smoke with thunder flashes going off intermittently. Plus our neighbour is x special forces so is always on the look out for target practice.

Cant beat that setup:thumbup1:

Its been said on here before, but "drying" your fishing lines with treble hooks around your chipper/shed is a fantastic place to dry them, dangling from the ceiling with the hooks between 2 and 6 feet from the ground in a poorly lit area will have great "drying" results.

Liking your angle there.... (pun intended!) I should have said, the 6" nail thing, it's just what I do to practice banging nails in straight, it's just that sometimes I forget to clear up the boards after practice.....!

Does anyone remember when computer rooms had argon fire prevention?

In the event of a fire being detected (by some form of sensor) it tripped the release of argon which replaced all the oxygen in the room.

The only down side is that anyone in the room could not breathe so they had to hang up breathing apparatus for the computer operators. Of course the ops were trained in locating and putting on the breathing apparatus so there was no problem.

I always wondered what would have happened if anyone had broken into to computer room and set off the argon system. without training , well.....

If anyone has an argon system make sure the doors dont close after 'anyone' goes in otherwise it could be dangerous. And make sure all YOUR staff know what to do.

Does anyone remember when computer rooms had argon fire prevention?

In the event of a fire being detected (by some form of sensor) it tripped the release of argon which replaced all the oxygen in the room.

The only down side is that anyone in the room could not breathe so they had to hang up breathing apparatus for the computer operators. Of course the ops were trained in locating and putting on the breathing apparatus so there was no problem.

I always wondered what would have happened if anyone had broken into to computer room and set off the argon system. without training , well.....

If anyone has an argon system make sure the doors dont close after 'anyone' goes in otherwise it could be dangerous. And make sure all YOUR staff know what to do.

There is a system these days that is smoke based. It activates and fills a room with thick smoke that doesn't restrict breathing. I've seen these in shops, etc.. there was a feature on the telly recently that shows the system working in a jewellers.

Instant protection

All credit to this man, any bites?

Once, years ago.

I used to "dry" fishing trebles in my garage, I kept a lot of tools and my Z650 in there.

I woke up one morning to find the pedestrian door on the side of the garage open and walked down the garden preparing for the worst.

When I got in the door, whilst my tools and bike where still there, the thieving gits had stolen several of my precious trebles.

GUTTED!:biggrin:

• 3 weeks later...

I had a bright idea, lock all tools in a bloody great van vault in the barn, and when showing a 70 odd year old friend of the family who does some joinery in our barn my new anti theft system, how heavy it was he said "you'd be shocked what a couple of Irishmen can shift lad" if they come across a tractor they can't steal, they vandalise it to bits because its your fault they can't steal it. B'stards indeed.