best chipper to buy for £6000approx under??

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I had a 2.5 litre ldv and pulled a 222 kwik chip turntable about with it, the smaller one with the 2 cyl engine, and it weighed nearly a ton.

Did an awful lot of work with that combo.

The ldv is low geared, but I wouldn't tow anything heavier than that.

Probably get a jensen or a tw, theres plenty about.

You'll get something reasonable for 6K that should last you.

Realistically, how many hours a week are you going to be using it?

Loooking to buy a chipper in the next couple months and need advice...

Timberwolf? jensen? Vermeer? Plus and negatives.

thanx

I am probably going to receive hate mail,......but......dont touch entec with someone elses mate(timberwol) they are cheap for a reason. Jensen, vermeer bandit schleising. Buy a gooc second hand one and it will be better than a new timberwolf, and you will get after sales service not b.s. Check out Global Recycling's website- they have some nice second hand machines in your price range at the mo.:001_smile:

I have only being in business for around 16 months and getting 2 to 3 days a week at most. So about 10 to 15 hrs a week at most.

It is a ldv convoy i have. takes its time but gets job done.

Its a lot of money to spend on something that is second hand though and wan to make sure i get the right machine.

sick of mashing down though.

Seriously mate- you are sooooo much better off with a good second hand quality machine than ANY timberwolf. Their build quality is non existent imo. Every one i have had the misfortune to use has broken or something has fallen off. My vermeer is ancient and never lets me down. Ever.