Hoiw heavy are your bags

Logsnstuff

Decided to mess around in the yard today, bought some new scales to weigh our bags and a 90x90x90 with mix of sycamore, ash & birch approx 30% mc comes in at 320kg tested a bag of 18% oak and came in at 273kg

1450212_623234047734646_296938932_n.jpg

1470102_623234024401315_1957829420_n.jpg

559872_623233991067985_1348372798_n.jpg

https://fbcdn-sphotos-c-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-

I weighed 3 0.6 cube dumpie bags last yr nicely filled with bone dry ash and elm and they averaged at 265kgs a bag. I buy the wood off the farmer for £40 a ton, so each bag costs me

around £10.60, fairly happy with that.

Problem we have is the hilux single cab carries 750kg add the tipper conversion = lots kgs add the 640kg if bone dry and the two fatties in the cab = at least 150kg = too much :biggrin:

This was in the farm trailer. I have been wondering about a pickup but if they can't legally carry two cube of logs which if oak could be well over 700kg I shall give them a miss.