RIP Bodie aka Lewis Collins

White Noise

• Replies 59
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

From Lewis Collins Acting Bio, AIRBORNE all the way.

In February 1980 Lewis went through his T.A.V.R. selection course at Hythe Assault Training area, gaining the coveted Red Beret and joining 10th Battalion, The Parachute Regiment (10 Para, now disbanded). "Getting my Red Beret was the proudest moment of my life. Standing there on that square receiving my beret, well, you can't beat that. Nothing, even receiving an Oscar, would beat that."

@Stihlben. Shame that the house is in an abandoned state. I did quite a lot of work there with my business partner.

Lewis had a one eyed Alsation that took a very big dislike to my mate one morning. We were just getting ready for the day and the dog came around the corner and leaped up at R who turned away, as you would with a big dog fully airborne heading in your direction. The result was a big rip in his RTR sweaty and similar to his back. after administering first aid to R, we discussed the situation with Lewis and his brother-in-law and decided that perhaps we should stop working for a while 'til they made a decision about the dog.

We never went back as we never heard any more. Shame really. That was probably 20 years ago now.

codlasher

When I was 9 or 10 in errr 1977/8 our class were asked to write a letter to anyone they wanted to. Some wrote to nans, cousins, pen pals etc. There was no issue about who I was writng to - my hero Bodie. This was during the height of the popularity of the Profs and you know he wrote back to me. It was hand written letter with a signed pic, from memory it was a really genuine letter and said something about keeping healthy and paying attention at school would help me get into CI5. Well, I didn't and I didn't but that aside what a top bloke for writing back to a little scrote like me. Wish I still had it.

I was gutted to hear that he had passed away but we have our memories from those mental car chases and wicked big collars of the Profs, the slightly dodgy acting of WDW (a film I manitain is still the UK's Top Gun) "On me boys", the super weird spaghetti western style foreign mercenary films and the slightly weird out of character role in Robin of Sherwood.

RIP Lew.

P.S. I seem to remeber that in the 80s he did a walk for charity from Land's End to John O' Groats with John Conteh. From memory LC took it really serioulsy and was tabbing like a b@stard but JC was out on the p1ss every night and getting up late, not sure if they ever finished - ahh, the good old days! :thumbup: