Scuba anyone

bob

got any pointers for us?

Thanks for putting me on the spot,lol.

Just about everything is covered on diving courses BUT it is so often in jargon that is overcomplicated and hard to remember when you need to, so to simplify a few points,

*When coming up from over the 100ft mark,have all the air out of your BCD by 60ft,to avoid runaway BCD.

*Never surface faster than your air bubbles,if you find you are leaving your bubbles below you,then stop and let them overtake.

*When surfacing overemphasise exhaling,short inhaling & twice as long exhaling(only when surfaceing)

*Never try to make your air supply last longer by holding your breath,it does not work and leads to physiological problems that are best avoided.

• Replies 27
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

am just looking to book a week with my son mid july

any suggestions that are within a poor guys range

Hi Bob, I dive done my divemaster etc. The Canaries (Lanzarote) are got for newly qualified divers and there's still lots to see, lots of ray's, nurse sharks etc but the euro exchange rate is bad. Egypt is obviously good and the euro exchange rate won't cripple you and suits divers of all levels!

I've not been diving for years but was a PADI Assistant Instructor in my time. Go on a live a board, 3 dives a day, first before breakfast, last at night.

Food prepared and nothing to do but sit about chatting about diving.

Get to the best sites on your own before all the other dive boats get their. Make sure you have a dive computer however as you'll be off the table by the end of the first day (do you still use tables?).

Don't forget the UK for dive sites, I know its cold and often murky but some of my fave dives have been in the UK.

• 3 weeks later...

Diving is one of my passions too. I am mainly into fresh water cave diving in the UK.

I have not been abroad to dive but one day I hope to very much as would love to dive in warm clear water and see all the colors and fish .

The best thing about diving is the feeling of being weightless and the feeling of freedom in the water after humping all your kit to get to the water then it all becomes worth it when you get in .

Eastwater:001_smile: