Dean in London ?? Not this decade mate!

Dean Lofthouse

Don't lose any sleep over it Dean, there will be no come back to you mate, IMO.

Happens dozens of times a day. What do they expect, trying to run a tax-raising scheme (Congestion Charge) based on identifying vehicles by something as unreliable as a number plate?!

Ye gods, this country sometimes...

When me dad died, we got shot of his old Volvo for scrap, notified the relevant people, and thought that was the end of that. Then he started getting fines for parking and speeding, not renewing his tax disc etc. We sent them proof of his death, proof the vehicle was scrapped, and that was the end of the problem, but it did seem bizarre with all the checks that are made these days that this could even happen.

The dealer I bought my new Landcruiser from is the same dealer I bought the old one from.

He has been on "Garages from Hell" on telly and has moved premises twice.

He deals in very very high class cars ie Ferraris, lambos, rollers, bentleys, range rovers.

When I went up he had in a range rover, 12 month old with 20 mile on the clock, a new bentley that he had just bought some oversized alloys for at something like £6k per wheel.

There are no garages anywhere that have the class of car he has in.

The problems come with the part ex's he sells back out. You only have to look at him and you can see you have to be careful. I would never buy an older car from him, or if I did I would have to have it on a two day test drive to thoroughly check it out.

My car was £27k and I parted with that money knowing that he can be dodgey and has been on garages from hell. But I'm buying a newish car, I'm an ex mechanic and I checked out the cars history thoroughly.

Also he has met the wife and wouldn't dare get on the wrong side of her :001_smile:

The only doubt I had was leaving my plates on a car he could run about in, but again, I sent off the doc's in time and covered myself.

I'm pleased as punch with the car and would buy of him again. But I'll be popping in to have a word to let him know

• 1 month later...

Just received another letter off Ealing council demanding "another" statement asking for the same things in the first statement I sent them.

Surely I fulfilled my legal obligations when I sold my old landcruiser by sending off the V5 document to DVLA, why the hell should I now have to go out of my way to prove I'm innocent.

I think I'll send them back their photo of my old white landcruiser and a photo of the new one which is dark grey :confused1:

We rung dvla who, within a few minutes confirmed to us the car was transfered well before the ticket date, why cant ealing council spend a few minutes and ring them themselves

1st Pic: New letter

2nd Pic: Parking violation photo (white landcruiser)

3rd Pic: My landcruiser (Gun metal grey before I put the private plate on)

I'm getting sick of having to fight my corner all the time :sad:

lc1.jpg.a9a5aa243ad73aef3f22f37315c61aa3.jpg

0081.jpg.8a4b4130a0dd41e7f35f9d44e6d3308c.jpg

001.jpg.9b8456acc1f12edd085cda8867d5396d.jpg

Tell them to take you to court Dean.

I'd love to sit in the gallery and watch that one play out. I think they would need OJ Simpson's lawyer to get a result against you!

I don't think Sherlock Holmes is employed by Ealing council at the moment...

Tell them to take you to court Dean.

I'd love to sit in the gallery and watch that one play out. I think they would need OJ Simpson's lawyer to get a result against you!

I don't think Sherlock Holmes is employed by Ealing council at the moment...

Mark,

This is Dean we're talking about here......Or 'unlucky Alf as he is known in some circles. :001_tongue:

They would probably get a conviction & bring back hanging on a one-off basis just for poor ol' Deano.:scared1::laugh1:

Show your support for Dean by calling his helpline on: 0800 aww- bugger.:001_tongue:

Holy cow batman, here we go again..

Just received a letter from an insurance company telling me I was involved in an accident on the 13th May in East Sussex, a White Landcruiser reg D4 LOF. Driver has given a false name and the reg has been traced back to us.

If you see a white Landcruiser bearing the registratiion D4 LOF in either the sussex area or Ealing please throw a brick through the windscreen for me.

All I can hope for is that whoever is driving this motor is pulled at some point and collared