Gloves and more Gloves

Gnome

Got a few new pairs of gloves to try out. Was in a different thread but didn't want to hijack the OP's question. I know there are a few gloves threads out there but thought I should update on the Sugis and Huskys.

From top left to right

Showa Thermo 451 Gloves

Found these good for moving stuff around the yard. Comfortable and warm.

Sugi Hara Vibration Dampening Gloves

Rob D's Chainsawbars.com

I was a little disappointed at first as they were very light. I wouldn't wear them for chainsaw work as I like the feeling of a bit of protection on the back of the hands.

Nice and comfy when using the leaf blower for prolonged times.

Think these will be good for summer work and look forward to trying them with the lawn mowers.

Husqvarna Technical Chainsaw Gloves

Barry and Mark @ Skylands (thanks for putting up the smaller size for me)

Really good quality chainsaw gloves.Have used them for a couple of days and still look like new. Index finger is slightly long for mine but I have lost a few mm on each of them over the years. Very impressed.

Confident if I misplace them I will see them on google earth

Ansell 23-491 Winter Hi-Vis Glove

Only available in size 10 so I use a pair of wooly gloves underneath. Great for snow clearing and salt spreading. Also found I like wearing them for pressure washing.

Ripeur 2 Gloves

Highly recommend these for brambles, hawthorn.

Arborsafe Chainsaw Gloves

Economy chainsaw gloves which I have found last very well for the money. Very comfortable too with a nice elasticated wrist. I like using these for brushcutting as well.

Marigold PF Insulator Hi-Vis Gloves

These are my usual general purpose glove and are nice and thick.

Like to get a few pairs as they soak up the water when wet. So good to have a dry pair pit stop at lunch times.

Great grip for pole pruning and hedgetrimming.

UCI ICETHERM-BK - Thermal Insulated 3/4 Coated Work Gloves

Lovely fleece lined and great for snowball manufacture. Warm the hands quickly. I use these for ice scraping the vehicles.

OK so no climbing gloves reviews as yet. That will be in the new year hopefully. For pesticides I use the ansell nitrile gloves unlined with the long wrists but anyone with PA1 and 6 would know about these.

I do a real mix of jobs on the estate so have found a good range of gloves suits my needs.

As for stihl gloves, I have tried a few pairs but the fingers wear out far too easily for me to justify paying the premium. But they are comfy.

Any comments and other recommendations are very welcome. :thumbup1:

Gloves.jpg.6fa8ac05d2e7a2ac8dc5dfe172ec57a7.jpg

Ive tried out the pfanner ice and the thermo gloves also the first set of gloves uve written about and the showa gloves with the extra protection/covering inbetween the thumb and fore finger.

The ice are a light thin leather glove, they say there water proof but have found that to be different. Ground work only or ligjt rigging from the ground only.

The thermo are warm and didnt really have any issues climbing in them, apart from they did stink after the first week so washed them which wore the rubber outer a little bit and formed little bobbles on the in side( at the tip of the fingers) which took a while to pick out. But a great glove with 3-4weeks work out of them max

Now the showa gloves have out lasted the pfanner gloves and are great to climb as on the ground. hardly any wear, and will pick these up before anything else, also there cheaper than the pfanners.

I bought the pfanners from clarks, spoke to a lovely lady and great service.

The showa gloves i bought from ARCO and again very helpful

Edited by Dan Earp

Thanks for the review :biggrin:

The Sugi gloves are really specifically anti vibe and don't have any chainsaw protection on the backs of them....

Did you find them warm? The rubber in them made them toasty for me - but I found them too hot for use in summer time.

:001_smile:

Well you learn something new everyday. (I have large Japanese hands !!!)

I've got some concrete to break in the coming months (weather dependant)as laying a few new paths so will keep you posted.

They were comfy warm. don't really notice wearing them after a while which I suppose is a good thing. Yes many applications for them. Dry quick too.

I would recommend a picture without the chainsaw as it might confuse the confused.

• 1 year later...
Thanks for the review :biggrin:

The Sugi gloves are really specifically anti vibe and don't have any chainsaw protection on the backs of them....

Did you find them warm? The rubber in them made them toasty for me - but I found them too hot for use in summer time.

:001_smile:

Hi Rob

My Sugi Gloves Review

I've worn my Sugi gloves for quite a while now and think they've been brilliant. I've found them very comfortable.... warm/ flexible and breathable. No problems with sweaty palms.

I've just been helping Slack~Ma~Girdle (Murray) for 2 weeks on a clear fell job decided to wear/test the Sugi gloves the entire time.... ie, for crosscutting/ pulling hundreds of branches & trees (up to 12" diameter) into the chipper, raking, etc.

The leather went on the final day.... see photo:

image.jpg.6c94ffba1b4a89e598fb4e7a41d0a904.jpg

Conclusion:

Overall, very impressive indeed.

But with hindsight I wish I'd worn cheaper gloves just for Slack-Ma-Girdles clear fell job. Ho-hum!!

Hope this helps

Cheers, Steve

Edited by SteveA