Heavy Haulage LOL!

TimberCutterDartmoor

Erm,

If this is the biggest load ever transported on British roads.

And is Ex Didcot power station.

How did it get there?

Faeries?

PS

Quite funny that Plod are not allowed out after dark "elf an safety" an all that.

Never heard of lights, hey even extra special site work lights.

ffs!

Is that not very unusual?

And I say that from a positition of often wondering why some of the large loads moved world wide are not fabricated a lot nearer their final destinations, or indeed "on site".

My other "wonder" is why do they not use the hovercraft principle for these massive loads?

Surely this would spread the weight better than wheels, though I suppose lateral stability could be an issue within the constraints of the width of an average roadway.

cheers

marcus

Allelys look after the GreenMech lorries and take care of our tacho requirements. Some years ago, Maurice Allely, the founder was telling me that they shift a lot of trains and when a train load stone derailed in Lancashire/Cumbria, he had 27 artics just to get a crane onto site! The do general haulage all round Europe including stuff for us too.

Their yard is littered with stored trains and fancy trailer kit but the transformer stuff stays at docks as it is too much trouble to bring back to Studley, Redditch.

I watched this and they had one truck pulling , two pushing and two spares, every truck was working hard to keep the thing moving. When it got the hill out side a village called Chilton on the way to Newbury, they were down to about 1 may be 2 mph. Ten miles of traffic behind it. Can't wait till they have finished stripping out because then we get the to see the power station being demolished, booooom