What are people's thoughts on the load handler?

Coletti

I have just got my self a truck and as it's a double cab I see no point in doing a tipper conversion so am weighing up other options and wondered what people thought about the load handler? Does it do any damage to the tail gate of the truck? Thanks in advance

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 20
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Days

Top Posters In This Topic

I find it a god send when unloading logs . Save a hell of a lot of arse ache ! The plastic brackets have rubbed off some of the paint but its been on there 2 years I should think . Watch were you put the winding handle down !

Lost my handle after a couple of weeks , I found i needed to board out the wheel arches as the logs got stuck behind them.

1m3 loads came off very easily, i was really impressed when first using it on heavy loads of rubble into the local tip on a weekend. However 2m3 of dry split logs (on a high sided ford ranger) did not come off very well. The sheet pulled through leaving 1/2 the logs on board. Latterly our lads managed to snap the plastic brackets too.

The concept is fantastic, but it needs refining. As mentioned above the placement of the handle is one to watch and can lead to a loss of paintwork.

There is supposed to be a heavy duty model (bearings and metal housing), not seen this offered in the UK - perhaps it is now?

A sheet with better grip on the load and low friction on the bed to catch the logs to prevent the sheet from pulling through and leaving logs on?

If refinements were made i would get another, but it needs to handle 2m3 on the bed of 4x4 pickup to meet the economics of delivery.

I'd happily test another refined model.

All the talk about one processor vs another etc all the gain can be cancelled out by inefficient delivery. One the of the elements is efficient delivery of 2m3 loads within a local radius.

I got one a couple of weeks ago, when I needed access with my 4x4 so I added the price of it to the job. they take a bit of getting used to but now I have got used to it I would say 90% of the wood chip comes out the back of the truck. I think it might struggle with a full pick up load of chip, mine works fine but I have a crew cab l200 so there is only 1-1.5m3 of chip in the back.