screw type log splitters

cd233u

• Replies 78
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I mite have f**ked up I see the two in the photos the engine are the other way round to my one .I.E under the screw .my engine will be behind the screw shaft will be facing the same way as the screw so I think it will not screw in.

or can the guy in Poland cut a screw the other way round?

I mite have f**ked up I see the two in the photos the engine are the other way round to my one .I.E under the screw .my engine will be behind the screw shaft will be facing the same way as the screw so I think it will not screw in.

or can the guy in Poland cut a screw the other way round?

They can cut R/H or L/H helix . Be sure to get it correct though or you will have f**ked up !

cool WHEN it,s dry I will go and work it out

it need to cut into the wood so if the engine turns clockwise it a right hand helix?

You need to specify which direction you are looking . Usually looking on the business end of the crank shaft ( where you would mount your gear wheel or pully ) .

You need to specify which direction you are looking . Usually looking on the business end of the crank shaft ( where you would mount your gear wheel or pully ) .

Stand facing the machine where you would be operating it from ( facing the pointy end of the cone ) Imagine the cone is a bolt or stud . ( standard R/H thread ) . Spin a nut half way along the bolt . Grip the nut and if the rotation you have pulls the nut away from you then you need a R/H helix . If with the rotation you have the nut is pushed back toward you then you will need a L/H helix . The log being the nut and the cone being the stud you need the log pulled onto the cone , away from you . Make sense ? hope so .....