Beech Rigging/LV Lines

scotspine1

Fired up the pc to do some invoicing and got sidetracked watching yours and outher vids, bang a whole hour disappears..:o

Good vid and cool tunes, the only thing I'd say is I'd have put the bigger cast rigging block in sooner for topping out instead of a swing cheek pulley as these don't like shock loading no matter how good Your groundsman is at letting stuff run.

Fair heap of timber on the deck, all 1 tree?

Fired up the pc to do some invoicing and got sidetracked watching yours and outher vids, bang a whole hour disappears..:o

Good vid and cool tunes, the only thing I'd say is I'd have put the bigger cast rigging block in sooner for topping out instead of a swing cheek pulley as these don't like shock loading no matter how good Your groundsman is at letting stuff run.

I think the swing cheek pulley was just a redirect from the main cast pulley. Looks like they felled another 1 maybe 2 trees along the boundary.

Cheers folks, not sure why some folk can't view it on their phones?

One wee thing I've spotted is the mark in the bark where you are going to back cut. Do you do this when you cut the gob to make it easier when you move around the back?

Yes, just a nice little habit I've got into over the years.

Elliot doing the rigging?

Yeah, good job of running the rope.

I know what you're saying mate, but as testcricket was saying, it's being used a re-direct not an impact block. The 3000Kgs Blue ISC block (out of frame during those sections) is taking the brunt of the load (it's sitting higher in the tree) thereby minimising the impact on the 50 KN stainless steel pulley. I find it preferable over another smaller block on a job like that as it's easy to move around to the various anchor points, swinging side plates make it easier to place the rope into than a block, stainless steel also makes it very durable over many years of use and being rated at 50KN means it can easily cope with the tops in the vid. The type of rigging being done in the vid really is low impact on the entire rigging system especially the tree itself.

When it comes to heavy duty rigging I always used big arb blocks. The pulley stays in the truck then.

good video where a bouts was job looks hills of paisley neck of the woods

north side mate, between Milngavie and Torrance

Left this till this morning to watch so I could watch it on the tv :D great video Tim, very smooth, loved the thumbs up from everyone on the ready, rigging control was on the ball. Thanks for taking the time buddy :)

Just out of curiosity though, do you always start with a medium saw up the tree? :)

Adam

Just out of curiosity though, do you always start with a medium saw up the tree? :)

Nearly always start with the MS200, but on a removal like that I want to be almost flush cutting the branches into the main stem so I'm not leaving stubs for the higher branches to get caught in when being rigged down. The top handled would not have liked some of those thicker branches, the 346xp is light enough to carry round the crown and will deal with the bigger branch collars no problem. It just means I'm not asking for a bigger saw up all the time to clean up the big stubs. Also, a lot of the branches in the vid were thicker than the camera made out.

cheers.

Wasn't ment to come across as having a pop, what you just described is exactly how I role, same pulley's also. Just couldn't see that in the vid sorry. What do you use as friction On the ground?

no offence taken mate. I was just explaining the rigging setup. Large Buckingham Portawrap for the friction.

601N.jpg

cheers again