Show us your Arb Diggers please.

Stephen Blair

21f80bcb83b2b155c10a5200185a7ee9.jpg

£25- 35/hr depending on job, what's being cut and how big the job is..probably could be more however building client base and not a new machine.

Cuts rhodedendron, blackthorn and scrub no problem!

That's interesting as it's the same machine as mine- what flail are you running off it? Don't think you would get much more just because it's not a new machine, client shouldn't have to pay more just to have shiny equipment on site- the advantage comes to you in the way of less potential breakdowns and having a new machine means you get it at the better half of its life as opposed to over 3k hours etc. I always do calculations on this and reckon a new machine and an old machine will cost similar per working hour over the long term. Mainly if you plan to keep a new machine for at least 5 years

That's interesting as it's the same machine as mine- what flail are you running off it? Don't think you would get much more just because it's not a new machine, client shouldn't have to pay more just to have shiny equipment on site- the advantage comes to you in the way of less potential breakdowns and having a new machine means you get it at the better half of its life as opposed to over 3k hours etc. I always do calculations on this and reckon a new machine and an old machine will cost similar per working hour over the long term. Mainly if you plan to keep a new machine for at least 5 years

It was a Bomford direct drive, however has a few tweaks and alterations. I didnt want to pay out fiance on a 25K machine and despising it when its sat in the yard and still paying for it! i can fix most bits on this, so the breakdowns are pretty painless (Touch wood) and when im on other jobs it can sit there and not cost anything and not loose much in depreciation either..

Yes, totally agree with you there, it's not nice having kit on finance. The tb125s are belters of a machine anyway, mine has nearly 5000 hrs now and quite honestly spare a bit of pin and bush wear and a bit of smoke on startup it performs as good as a new machine. I saw one on Mascus a while back that had done 9000hrs and still looked pretty good!

Seems all a bit backwards from the norm in mounting? I'd get that motor guarded up as it's running in the material to be cut all the time.

Doing the job nicely though.:thumbup1:

I'd say it would be £300 day plus delivery/collection, but I'd want to see some guarding over that front window before I allowed you to start!

Anyone who doesn't think you need to guard it because it throws sideways, wait until that stone hits a tree and comes at you!

Those bars on the Kubota used to ring like a bell, and there was marguard in the front window behind that if it got past.

Eddie.