Run out of tree surgeons?

Al Cormack

I recently put up a post looking for a climber, experienced or trainee, to help out full time but not had any replies yet:sad:

There are also a lot of other posts on the employment board for companies looking for staff at present, and was wondering if we have gone from one extreme to the other.

I know I am the busiest I have been this year so far, and that is not because of the storm recently.

Anyone else struggling looking for staff?

Al.

I freelance and am booked till mid Jan I charge the average rate and if I could clone myself I could easily be working for 3 even 4 firms.

I personally think there is a shortage of climbers of a good industry standard and with so many opportunities abroad and the transient nature of head strong good climbers (inc me I guess) I can't see the current state changing soon imo.

Would love to have a chance at a job that is full time and permanant and if you were closer Dean I would have been giving you a shout before now. Went for a job recently at a renouned firm in these parts. Got offered the job but pay levels were shocking. Grass cutters are on more money than what they were offering climbers.

I recently put up a post looking for a climber, experienced or trainee, to help out full time but not had any replies yet:sad:

There are also a lot of other posts on the employment board for companies looking for staff at present, and was wondering if we have gone from one extreme to the other.

I know I am the busiest I have been this year so far, and that is not because of the storm recently.

Al.

We're in a similar position where our Arb division is expanding so rapidly, we're having to constantly recruit; particularly in our Utilities & Rail sectors.

Even our ultra-cheesy youtube recruitment video isn't helping!

"Even our ultra-cheesy youtube recruitment video isn't helping!"

Love a bit of cheese.

Do you run a laundry service for your employees as well?

I've never seen a more sparkly reflective shinnnnnnie team than that!!:thumbup:

Haha! Well a lot of these guys are our new recruits. I dont think the old boys wanted their mugs on camera... :biggrin:

We'll see how shiny they are in another year, though!

I'm looking for work but i think like most its the uncertainty of how long the work will last for.

i want to make the move to tree work full time but its a pay cut and leaving the security of a job I've been in for the past 11 year.

could just be sods law mate, no one in your area at the time your wanting them.

ian

Al.

Where abouts are you Al?

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App