Clamp needed to hold chain for sharpening

Shane

Hi folks.

This may have been covered but I can't see it anywhere.

I like to sharpen my chains by hand (i use my leccy chain grinder for the 3120) but just prefer the manual method.

I am fed up with keep swapping chains onto the different saws to do it though.

MS200, 260, 044 Husky 353, 365 etc. all need to be on their own saw.

On the leccy grinders theres a chain clamp which can take any size of drive link.

What I'm after is like a small bar with an adjustable/clampable rail to take different chains and hold them while I sharpen them.

I believe oregon used to make one and I've seen a stihl device which includes filing guides and goodness knows what else (costing £100 plus).

Does anyone know if there is such a device available?

My local dealer has an old Oregon one in the workshop but THEY need that one.

Heres a piccy of the stihl vice which includes the clamp bit I am after.

Stihl FG2 Bench Mounted Precision Filing Device For Saw Chains, ST56040007501 - Toolstoday.co.uk

Any advice ? I thought about making one out of two old MS200 bars but I'd spend a fortune on decent drills to go through the bars before I start.

Hi folks.

This may have been covered but I can't see it anywhere.

I like to sharpen my chains by hand (i use my leccy chain grinder for the 3120) but just prefer the manual method.

I am fed up with keep swapping chains onto the different saws to do it though.

MS200, 260, 044 Husky 353, 365 etc. all need to be on their own saw.

On the leccy grinders theres a chain clamp which can take any size of drive link.

What I'm after is like a small bar with an adjustable/clampable rail to take different chains and hold them while I sharpen them.

I believe oregon used to make one and I've seen a stihl device which includes filing guides and goodness knows what else (costing £100 plus).

Does anyone know if there is such a device available?

My local dealer has an old Oregon one in the workshop but THEY need that one.

Heres a piccy of the stihl vice which includes the clamp bit I am after.

Stihl FG2 Bench Mounted Precision Filing Device For Saw Chains, ST56040007501 - Toolstoday.co.uk

Any advice ? I thought about making one out of two old MS200 bars but I'd spend a fortune on decent drills to go through the bars before I start.

you can get them that clamp to the bars direct ive got the old oregon one and the new 12 volt type

Yes, Python, thats it!

I've sent you a PM

Mixedandgassed - I've seen the ones that clamp to the bar, I just dont like all those guides. Prefer to do the angles myself (must be my age, bah humbug).

Thanks for the response guys.