Stolen equipment in Gloucestershire

Green man

• Replies 41
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Would be such a shame if they hurt themselves.

But only cuz i might wet my pants laughing so hard. 👍👍👍

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Lets hope they don't hurt themselves because they'll sue the property owner for having a sharp bit on the security fence!

Sent with my iPhone from me, to you!

Just had a chat with my brother and he said something rather disturbing. Apparently, he cannot currently replace the missing hedge trimmers as so many have been stolen nationally in the last few weeks that there are none available from Stihl in the UK at the moment. He tried numerous suppliers and they all reported back with the same story.

On a more positive note, there is now a 20 stone security man and massive Rottweiler "attack dog" stationed 50 yards away from his unit in plain sight of the compound every single night now! Go on scumbags......I dare you!

This really winds me up, why are we (society) so unable to do something about it. I keep my sword at the door and can get to my storage in seconds few...

Anyway there must more we can do. But i can't think if what it is or how we can catch the buggers.

When I ran Barrowcliffs in the '80s and '90s we had over 60 Stihl bits stolen in a three year period. In the 17/18 years with them, I had to replace100s of stolen things from trucks to workshop tools, generators to strimmers! I reckon I had 10x080 or 880s! Non of it was ever recovered.....

In all that time, I only got offered 1 hooky saw and I told him to go before I called the bill.

punishment does not fit the crime imo. Not enough effort is made to secure a conviction nor educate people that crime does not pay or is acceptable behaviour. Just my opinion.

Sounds like the same group that carried out several raids across Southern Hampshire as well last month that have moved on. Every one in the area needs to be on full alert as they will strike again there was also reports of them trying the same lock up twice in a week! The police don't seem to care!

May I suggest to the members who are offered bent gear that they don't threaten to call the old bill but they take pictures, registration numbers, they do actually call police. It might be inconvenient but it will be a step in the right detection for us all. You never know it might help rather than bragging about it afterwards.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Sounds like the same group that carried out several raids across Southern Hampshire as well last month that have moved on. Every one in the area needs to be on full alert as they will strike again there was also reports of them trying the same lock up twice in a week! The police don't seem to care!

I wouldn't say the police don't care as i don't know what they can do when someone rings them to say they've been done over if we're looking at a busted padlock and a gap where the nicked stuff was.... However more can be done if video/pics, etc are available...

Hi just a heads up. Another one last night nr Cheltenham. Not me but my nearest neighbouring tree company. Don't know full details but they came across fields and took all gear but not chipper or stump grinder. I just found out from a mutual friend/climber/subbie.

HI MATE it all the time now mate thanks for the heads up thanks jon :thumbup: