640 Avant, what an animal!!

difflock

Had an avant on a fortnights trial when they first started importing them brilliant machine, was going to buy it til I found out by the spec plate it was 2 years older than what the dealer told me it was and that the low hrs were due to the hour clock being disconnected!

I have been looking at these again.

I may be looking for something we can cram on the land rover and then tow the machine it has to load up behind me.

One of the things concerning me is their stability with a bucket full at high lift, as it needs to load a machine 8 feet high.

I can't really think of many other machine to do what I want.

What weight can you carry on the Landrover?

1500kg max

7'.6" body length, I can make a frame to rest bucket over roof if necessary, but would rather not.

You could get away with a 528 or even a 630 or 635 on the weight front.

It would just depend upon what you have on the front, bucket, pallet tines, muck grab, log grab etc as to which one of the above is viable.

However the length is the stumbling block - the only machine that will fit for length would be an Avant 420 at 2195mm.

It weights in at 1030Kg without any attachments on the front of it.

It has a maximum lift of 2750mm.

You could get away with a 528 or even a 630 or 635 on the weight front.

It would just depend upon what you have on the front, bucket, pallet tines, muck grab, log grab etc as to which one of the above is viable.

However the length is the stumbling block - the only machine that will fit for length would be an Avant 420 at 2195mm.

It weights in at 1030Kg without any attachments on the front of it.

It has a maximum lift of 2750mm.

I have tried a 420 and it couldn't pull the skin of a rice pudding.

I thought a 520 or 528 may fit, it will have a dirt bucket on, it can overhang a little bit, as long as the wheels are on :)

The bucket could possibly be stored somewhere on the trailer.