Irate customers!

Daniel Jiggins

• Replies 25
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Had a half decent quantity of bulk bags split seasoned oak to be collected this morning.

As I don't personally know this guy my terms are cleared funds on collection which I feel are fair.

Guy turns up with no cash or funds.

I politely say I'm sorry I'm not prepared to start loading until funds are either in my account or here.

This chap starts threatening us started on my Dad threatening to slap him then decides to block the yard off with his wagon and said he won't move until we load him.

I told him to bugger off I'm not interested in doing business with you now find some one else to supply you.

Ended up having to call plod to get him removed.

Could do without this at the weekend.

Part of me feels bad for not allowing him to post me on a cheque on the other hand I stood my ground, that is the terms of my business (log sales) take it or leave it.

Any one else had such incidents ?

Run them over if they have a tag on your in the clear :thumbup:

what i was going to say.

he was liable for obstruction when he parked in the way, had this before when a neighbour parked in front of me, had to get to work early and they wouldnt answer the door.

so plod out and they still didnt answer until plod said they would tow there car, they then answered the door and gave plod abuse about it being a school day and it was 7am (was a saturday), then they tried to say that there was no one there to drive the car.

so plod said they will call a tow truck and they would have to pay for it.

they soon moved. and i was told that next time i could push the car out the way and get away with it as long as i had pictures. ins wouldnt pay out for any damage. will always remember it.

and yes you where very right to stand your ground. no pay no play.:thumbup1:

I was blocked in parked on the street outside my house by somebody who had pulled right up to my bumper and left half a car length of space between them and the double yellows behind them. I got my trolley jack out, dragged their car onto the yellow lines and left it there. :001_smile:

I was blocked in parked on the street outside my house by somebody who had pulled right up to my bumper and left half a car length of space between them and the double yellows behind them. I got my trolley jack out, dragged their car onto the yellow lines and left it there. :001_smile:

If you can get all 4 wheels on old shovels 2 blokes can drag a car a good 50 yards without breaking a sweat.

Felix, that's brilliant. Bet there wasn't a traffic warden around for miles though. Just when you needed one. Would have loved to have seen the driver explain that one away!

A couple of years ago a I had someone park their expensive car quite close to my workshop door which opened out the way. Despite being asked politely to shift it as the front of the car was in danger of being hit by a very heavy door, the owner sais it was safe where it was and wouldn't be touched by the door. In front of about 5 witnesses I opened my door and left a huge scrape along the front bumper. He didn't half look really stupid particularly when everyone fell about laughing at him.

On another occasion the factory shop opposite my workshop had a big sale on. Despite putting signs up requesting people not to park their cars in front of the workshop someone parked their car there when I was away for lunch. I parked my transit with a bit of difficulty it must be said, about 2 inches away from his, side by side. It took the fat bloke about half an hour to get in his car from the passenger side, with his mad wife shouting at him all the time and a few other bystanders admiring his lack of dexterity. Don't think he will park there again in a hurry. Thing is, I would have moved the van if he had asked me - but he didn't!