mitox saws?????

phily g

I have a mitox 6224 which is the 62cc model with the 24" bar and these are my thoughts on it:

1. anything that can be tightened tighten when you get it as it will come lose!

2. by spare air filters as they are hard to clean on site and when dirty the saw will run real bad!

3.change the bar as the saw will run a 24" bar but struggles in hard timber.

4. Don't expect it to be as good as a husky or stihl!

I've had mine over 2 years (it cost £250)and after realising the above I now have a saw that really bites with a 16" bar on it. It even impressed my friend who is husky through and through enough for him to put his husky down for 3 full days to use the mitox!

Its cheap and cheerful and with the above done it is well worth it, Ive abused it and it starts everytime and has not been problematic once.

Spares are cheap and easy to get, the whole carb (walbro) is only £22 on mine, a carb service at my local dealer on a 60cc husky is £55+vat you do the maths!

I'd buy another although I still have my Husky's and Stihl's as well.:thumbup:

hi, about mitox saws, walk away, they work under 5 or 6 names, before they was mitox, (cant remember the name) they got recalled for bits breaking off them,

Not quite true.

Sure, the chinese factory that produces Mitox also produces saws in other names.

But they do vary in quality dependant on what the purchaser specifies. Many are sold out with the lowest possible spec for sale in the western world by internet based sellers and mass outlets. The people who sell these on are interested only in profit and neither know, or care about the quality.

The late Peter Rochford knew there was a market for a similar product, but built to a better spec and sold with 100% backup. He visited the chinese producers and had them build a machine to his spec for marketing under his newly formed MITOX brand.

Peter was an incredible business man with very strong ethics. He was also one of the best, if not the best two stroke technician that I have ever met.

In short, 'he knew his stuff.'

His standards are still met by the company.

No machines from the Mitox range are ever released from the Wincanton premises until every spare part is on the shelf.

A sample of machines from every container that arrives is tested, then dissmantled and inspected. Only when Rochford staff are happy that standards have not slipped will any machine from that container be released for distribution to dealers.

It is unfair to compair Mitox to some of rubbish leaving china.