problems with starting

campanula

• Replies 49
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

No, I got it from Arb &Forest who sponsor Arbtalk, amongst others, and it is not some cheapo knockoff (unlike a couple of our mowers). Not that £511 is cheap either (well not for a jobbing gardener). Knack....or lack of it, doesn't seem to be an issue since I can hear dire mutterings from Chas (outside).

I would not be starting /attempting to start it indoors in the first place . If there is nothing wrong with it then once you have got the knack it easy peasy lemon squeezey . If there is something wrong with it you should be able to take it back to any Husqvarna dealer . You say you got it cheap somewhere ? Be sure its not one of those Chinese fake 365 saws made with husky pattern plastics and exhaust and a " 25:1 chinker " motor ! !

Definitely won't be one of those if it came from Forest and Arb. :001_smile:

Yep, for sure it was flooded but we were really reluctant to fiddle around in case we voided the warranty. I have been sent out and told my (ahem) suggestions are not useful (if in doubt, bash it about - the usual northern method of fixing things).

Take the plug out , turn saw upside down pull over a few times to clear fuel from cylinder . Leave plug out for a bit ( dry it on some kitchen towel ) . After about 15mins reassemble . Pull choke out , pull smartly until engine coughs . Choke back in . Pull again and it should start after 2/3 pulls . If not there is something wrong with it or its a fake !

Take the plug out , turn saw upside down pull over a few times to clear fuel from cylinder . Leave plug out for a bit ( dry it on some kitchen towel ) . After about 15mins reassemble . Pull choke out , pull smartly until engine coughs . Choke back in . Pull again and it should start after 2/3 pulls . If not there is something wrong with it or its a fake !

Or the first firing has been missed, done that a few times! A trick to getting a flooded engine started (but not safely) is to pull it over on full throttle, knock the brake off, put it on a surface about waist height and yank the cord like buggery, a small saw can just be held, but a big saw like that needs a surface to rest on.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App