What softwoods do people sell for firewood?

farmer_ben

PR larch for firewood?

No, only clean mixed softwood. Too much hassle with PR larch as it has to be quarantined etc.the other issue in South Wales is most surplus softwood used for bio mass. It's got to the point where I'm looking to purchase my own plantation!

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

• Replies 30
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

I sell builders bags of softwood at £40, its all arb waste so as said previously it clears the yard!

Most people ask if it burns quicker to which I reply a little bit hence I split the logs a bit bigger to compensate, in reality it means I do less splitting so at £40 with only 20 minutes splitting time and no costs other than delivery I reckon on making nice profits.

I sell plenty of it to because so many people just want cheap wood, they don't care as long as it keeps them warm!!

Gotcha; didn't think infected larch was allowed straight into the system. Just finished a clean larch site - fantastic processor roundwood; snapped up putting it mildly. Keeping all the lovely sub 10" DF for myself..

nice one jon good size logs to keep :thumbup:

I sell builders bags of softwood at £40, its all arb waste so as said previously it clears the yard!

Do you include the bag with the order, charge a deposit or empty the bag at the delivery? (I'm guessing each bag costs a few quid).