Re wind blown timber near frome let me now thanks

mendiplogs

I sell green wood all the time to people, drop it off on the way back from jobs, handle it once, they get it cheaper , everyone's a winner. Why wouldn't Jon be keen to get his hands on wind blown timber? He sells logs for a living.

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

HI JONP it only someone who no.s trying it on mate to stir it up owell thanks jon :thumbup:

• Replies 51
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I would not mind getting green wood if I knew it needed seasoning. I cut my own when it is available but I do buy from a reputable seller when I run out and have no problem paying for something I know will burn. I store my own wood outside under cover and bring it indoors a couple of weeks before I use it. I have seen softwood sold in orange bags at garages and it is wet through but people buy it and expect to burn it that night.

I would not mind getting green wood if I knew it needed seasoning. I cut my own when it is available but I do buy from a reputable seller when I run out and have no problem paying for something I know will burn. I store my own wood outside under cover and bring it indoors a couple of weeks before I use it. I have seen softwood sold in orange bags at garages and it is wet through but people buy it and expect to burn it that night.

The prices that are charged for it, I would expect it to be kiln dried. :thumbdown:

• 1 month later...
People who only want the cheapest logs and ending up with unseasoned crap deserve all they get IMO.

Totally agree sad thing is even when they need to mix with coal for the logs to burn they still think they did well. got my winblow finished just before dark farmer should dump 15 ton or so of beech in the yard tomorrow.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...