our new saw (365) arrived....need something a bit (ahem) girly

campanula

We bit the bullet (thanks, guys) and bought the husky 365....which I know I am never going to use (terrifying). However, the withering comments from my family (although I would take any of 'em on in a grafting knife battle) are more than I can stand....is it at all realistic to look for a small, less fearsome saw which doesn't weigh a ton ......or should I just ignore them and get a new silky instead?

• Replies 24
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

It only looks fearsome because your not used to it, the more you use it the more accustomed to it you'll become and you'll build up the muscles needed in time

When am I going to get the muscles ? 372 and 395 2 days running now ( in the rain ) ........In bed at 8,30 last night !

Depends what you're cutting. A 70cc saw will be big and heavy but will cut most things unless you're looking at big oaks etc.

I've got several saws from 85cc down to 35cc.

The one I pick up most often for general tasks is the Stihl 211. Its light, powerful for its weight and you can use it all day without too many aches. Also surprising what you can cut with it. If your day job is office based (like me) then the lighter the saw the better. I'd not like to just have a 70cc saw.