Two NEW 60cc contenders imminent...

TimberCutterDartmoor

Dolmar / Makita to launch PS-6100 with 2 year warranty and no autotune to mess up!

DOLMAR - PS-6100

http://www.arboristsite.com/chainsaw/208633.htm

Strato saw that can be neutered...

Echo releases CS-620 as per

Press Releases | ECHO USA

Non-strato; VERY suitable for engine and exhaust mods

:thumbup::thumbup::thumbup:

• Replies 94
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I like Dolmar/Makita products, its just the spares availability that lets them down!

What spares do you need on a saw that never lets you down!

Isn't this the same non discussion as thirty years ago?

In my home town we had a Toyota dealer. People where discussed by the spare part prices they found listed. Mercedes and Opel where much 'better'. Their prices where half.

But... The Toyota didn't need those expensive spares. The Mercs and Opels where regulars in the shop.

When my sole supplier still was Stihl I too was in the corner of the spares and close by service guys. With my Dollys I only bolt my bars and chains on and off. The rest just works like a pro machine should work. No close by spares and service needed.

What spares do you need on a saw that never lets you down!

Isn't this the same non discussion as thirty years ago?

In my home town we had a Toyota dealer. People where discussed by the spare part prices they found listed. Mercedes and Opel where much 'better'. Their prices where half.

But... The Toyota didn't need those expensive spares. The Mercs and Opels where regulars in the shop.

When my sole supplier still was Stihl I too was in the corner of the spares and close by service guys. With my Dollys I only bolt my bars and chains on and off. The rest just works like a pro machine should work. No close by spares and service needed.

Quite; the UK is 30 years behind!

Was looking at the current 60cc echo today, was a brilliant looking saw , all that let it down was a plastic side cover which I could see breaking fairly quickly in the professional environment.... So think I will be opting for a 560xp when I get my new saw...

Was looking at the current 60cc echo today, was a brilliant looking saw , all that let it down was a plastic side cover which I could see breaking fairly quickly in the professional environment.... So think I will be opting for a 560xp when I get my new saw...

I'm not sure why that makes much difference, if it was cast surely it would be more brittle? Plastic's these days can be rather strong and on top of that they have flex making them more durable. This is how I see it anyway, if you compare a hammer blow to plastic and cast the both would likely crack but the plastic is more likely to absorb the force and spring back meaning no need to replace the casing. Back to the thread, I have been looking at both makita an echo and have a saw from each on my list :). I just can't see for all the extra money on other makes you actually get that much of a better saw

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

I'm not sure why that makes much difference, if it was cast surely it would be more brittle? Plastic's these days can be rather strong and on top of that they have flex making them more durable. This is how I see it anyway, if you compare a hammer blow to plastic and cast the both would likely crack but the plastic is more likely to absorb the force and spring back meaning no need to replace the casing. Back to the thread, I have been looking at both makita an echo and have a saw from each on my list :). I just can't see for all the extra money on other makes you actually get that much of a better saw

Plastic cover on the 600 et al have alloy insert where the nuts tighten and spread the load; absolutely no issues with the plastic after 3+ years now and thousands of tons of production cutting; no HUSQ 560 has done that without 50 clutch springs, 4 new exhausts, etc etc

BTW, contacted my Dolly dealer today - 6100's in stock - price tba... :-)

Local safety shop has started stocking Shindaiwa and Echo. The Echo gear is almost half the price of the Stihl equivalents and we are seriously looking at giving one a trial. Are the chainsaws really that good? They come with a two year commercial warranty so it's very tempting.

Local safety shop has started stocking Shindaiwa and Echo. The Echo gear is almost half the price of the Stihl equivalents and we are seriously looking at giving one a trial. Are the chainsaws really that good? They come with a two year commercial warranty so it's very tempting.

CS-400 / 450 / 500 thru 620 are excellent; the old 670 isn't...

In conclusion, no matter how good or even superior a machine is to the accepted norm, that fact won't sell it. Just like the landcruiser thread... :001_rolleyes:

You think WD40 and GT85 are the 2 top dogs until you try Deb Service spray; but Winston Churchill said:

"Men occasionally stumble over the truth, but most of them pick themselves up and hurry off as if nothing ever happened"

They just can't take it in :confused1: