Harness, Cambium saver and more

jackmayo

Fishermans or go get a ce approved splicer!

That is not a particularly good idea, the fishermans will not allow the rings to rotate and create wear in one place, we had similar devices a few years back it only took a matter of months to wear a noticeable grove in the rings.

This all depends on how frequently you climb with it, and the rope as some ropes can be more abrasive than others. If they were steel it would be better.

As it is the saving may be minimal over a multi saver which could last 3 times longer and is tidier.

For a start though it's probably worth it, and as your climbing progresses invest in something else.

Would two small rings and one large make more sense?

You tie the big ring in the end on the left, a small on the prussic and a small on the end right. This means retrival is possible with the rope through the prussic and also without the prussic and just large to small ring on the end.

You would just have the two large rings at either end of the rope. The small ring on the Prussic.

The CS is just used and setup as a normal CS with one small and one large ring. The ring on the other end acts as a stopper not or just use the other end from time to time to reduce wear on the Ali rings.

That is not a particularly good idea, the fishermans will not allow the rings to rotate and create wear in one place, we had similar devices a few years back it only took a matter of months to wear a noticeable grove in the rings.

This all depends on how frequently you climb with it, and the rope as some ropes can be more abrasive than others. If they were steel it would be better.

As it is the saving may be minimal over a multi saver which could last 3 times longer and is tidier.

For a start though it's probably worth it, and as your climbing progresses invest in something else.

You right with the money saving. I went down the home made route only to buy the real deal a few months later. That is not saving money. The knots are bound to get stuck too!

You right with the money saving. I went down the home made route only to buy the real deal a few months later. That is not saving money. The knots are bound to get stuck too!

You know it, Friday afternoon last big tree of the week and those fishermans will get jammed in a tight fork! You'll be on your knees cursing why did I choose to save a few quid.

Has anyone got any pictures of the Adjustable cambium saver kit in action as I am unsure of the final set up. What do you pass the rope through due to the fact of there being two large rings. Five metres also sounds very long is this the case?

Thanks

Jack Mitchell[/quote

I take it that this put it together yourself cambium saver does not come with an advice literature on how to use and not use?

Ask the question why it doesn't and then why should you be asking on an open forum how it looks and how to set it up. (knots and all) alarm bells in my head.

I would spend the extra money on a product that has the information in black and white or in binary form for my reference and understanding of use and set up.

Don't take my comment as a dig at you fella.. Just a question that this company who supply & market the product should ask in my uneducated opinion.

Edited by Danavan