I'm after a hilux

ms660isthebest

mk 4are the last of the old hiluxes, the 5 went totally overboard on "modern " stuff common rail engines and that ive had mk 3 and 4 before, ill stick with the 5 though, better fuel economy and smoother to drive! had a 02 ranger 2wd super cab, nice and did its job but it wasnt a hilux ie didnt do as good as one johnny walker

Edited by Stephen Blair

• Replies 71
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

The Hilux that Top Gear tried to kill years back is a thing of the past

I realise that how ever my mk4 stood 5 years of some of the worst terrain that I could throw at it on exmoor day in day out and just kept trucking on, had things like ujs and diff seals go a bit due to driving over commons and getting the prop shafts wound up with rushes and weeds but apart from that it was great

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

4's were still good 'uns mate.

Someone should buck the trend and design a real truck with the guts of a Defender, the reliability of an early Hilux and the refinement of the current crop of 4x4s.

You should have to have a beard and serious arm/shoulder muscle to engage the 4x4 box, and even more to gain the low ratio.

I've had a mk3 mk4 & mk5 Hilux, 57 plate Navara, TD5 defender, and the Mk5 Hilux is by far the best of the bunch!

Yes the mk3 & 4 were good for bouncing around off road but you'd deffo need a car for taking the kids etc to the metro centre. Mk5 has it all!

Yes they are strong money but you get what you pay for I recon...

Dig deep and mine could be yours

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1382073540.270666.jpg.075bd137d282bf0a51b9769f4fafec81.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1382073590.538777.jpg.77c6d98a8c8d8eece89a31ddd81bd50e.jpg

ImageUploadedByArbtalk1382073835.206963.jpg.e5a85643ee9fbdcd98c12155ee28188a.jpg

Well I've stretched my budget to get what I want but in in 2 minds weather to get a hilux extra cab or writhed I get this (that's if it's still for sale when I have all the money together) Ford Ranger 4wd Super Cab Tipper 58 Reg Wit Air/Con | eBay

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

That looks like a boulter tipper conversion. Very well made but heavy big tipping ram and steel floor . Get it down the weigh bridge and see what it weighs empty with driver. I am guessing 2400 kg. The rear tyre looks loaded but could be soft ? Looks like ours.

597666a91a27a_logs010(600x400).jpg.b79645801a75c58fead8c74c40415b90.jpg

That looks like a boulter tipper conversion. Very well made but heavy big tipping ram and steel floor . Get it down the weigh bridge and see what it weighs empty with driver. I am guessing 2400 kg. The rear tyre looks loaded but could be soft ? Looks like ours.

HI STEVE 2400kgs IS that gross as my 110 tipper is only 2000kgs empty with no weight that is 2000kgs thanks jon :thumbup: