Bleeding Canker

Mark Bolam

What's the latest on bleeding canker in Chestnuts? Seems to have gone a bit quiet following massive publicity last year.

Several affected down here in Kent, but plenty not as yet.

hi mark, i started a thread about this last week, i got some good responses. i dont know how to send a link. if you go into my profile and look up threads i started you will find it, we have it bad up here but no one seems to bother:sad:

Thats probably the dawning realisation that it's here to stay and very little can be done about it.

I hardly bother writing it down on surveys anymore...

what would you personally recomend tony. there are loads of infected trees that are in farm ground and unmanaged woods. they will never get touched. i could have them down and burnt in a few weekends of my time, do you think this would help? :confused1:

what would you personally recomend tony. there are loads of infected trees that are in farm ground and unmanaged woods. they will never get touched. i could have them down and burnt in a few weekends of my time, do you think this would help? :confused1:

I asked the FC about exactly this (burning infected waste) last year. Darned helpful they were, both north and south of the border, but the answer to the burning question (geddit?) was that by the time you're there with your matches millions of spores are already long gone. Does that help at all?

I asked the FC about exactly this (burning infected waste) last year. Darned helpful they were, both north and south of the border, but the answer to the burning question (geddit?) was that by the time you're there with your matches millions of spores are already long gone. Does that help at all?

cheers, closing the stable door after the horse has bolted so to speak:sad: