posting

John Shutler

Steve whats the point of a thread like this ?

The members that stir the crap as Andy correctly put it are probably in their eliment reading comments of how other members are put off posting or even visiting alltogether.

Is a thread like this meant to bring us all together or seal the fate of membets that are in 2 minds wheather to login.

• Replies 239
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Steve whats the point of a thread like this ?

The members that stir the crap as Andy correctly put it are probably in their eliment reading comments of how other members are put off posting or even visiting alltogether.

Is a thread like this meant to bring us all together or seal the fate of membets that are in 2 minds wheather to login.

Sorry Pat, didn't reply before as I wasn't sure if this was a serious post or just your usual trolling, but I suppose it deserves an answer regardless if you haven't already got the jist of the issues after 13 pages.

So whats the point?? Well if nothing else it shows the more valuable members that we care what direction the forum is going in and are going to be proactive putting it back on track, and threads like this give us valuable feedback as to how users feel in general.

Just searched the word Trolling and I didnt realise I came across as sarcastic prick :( (uk urban dictionary)

Happy go lucky maybe.

Cheers for the reply, it was a serious question and Im glad you realised and took time to reply.

Edited by Pat Ferrett

If any member finds anything offensive, rude, homophobic racist or anything else that they think is unreasonable or unacceptable for this forum, please use the report function to either myself or one of the other moderators. We cannot possibly hope to read every post every day, but with members help we can at least try to keep things on the straight and narrow. This isn't just our forum, Its everyone's and we don't want anyone to feel it isn't the place for them. And thank you to those members who have helped in the past.

I wouldnt read everything on here, I mostly keep to the Firewood Forum so I'm not really aware of a lot thats being discussed here.

I think its very important on any forum though that all views are welcome, just because someone has a different opinion doesnt mean they are being 'Negative', it means they disagree with the other person and surely this is what a forum is all about :confused1:

I came across a thread the other night where the OP told another member that he didnt want him posting on his thread because he was bringing 'Negativity'. From what I could see the member was merely giving his opinion, I think if people start dictating that they only want back clapping replies, it would be a slippery slope.

It's not about advertisers....and it's not about negativity, people seem to have a misunderstanding over this issue. Of course it's ok to be negative about something, it's when people take it to the extremes just for the sake of it and to get reactions. Who was a clappity clap forum? I certainly don't

Sent from my iPhone using Arbtalk

I think that a lot of members forget that the is a business for Steve. Potential customer can google something and arbtalk will come up, we don't need customers reading all the childish and silly comments. This can put customers off which can then put off the advertisers. This would be the slow decline of arbtalk and caused by some members themselves. I used to post a lot on here but have not lately as I'm not sure it's worth the hassle anymore.

Remember if there's no advertisers theres no forum, would you if you were in my shoes want to pay to be a part of a forum as it is at the moment, or would you rather pay for how it was a while back.

By the way I'm all up for a laugh, and those that know me can vouch for that. But there is a time and a place.

This is a work related forum, and I feel it should be kept this way. You can use the members only bit for the banter, the public can't see this.

I think that a lot of members forget that the is a business for Steve. Potential customer can google something and arbtalk will come up, we don't need customers reading all the childish and silly comments. This can put customers off which can then put off the advertisers. This would be the slow decline of arbtalk and caused by some members themselves. I used to post a lot on here but have not lately as I'm not sure it's worth the hassle anymore.

Remember if there's no advertisers theres no forum, would you if you were in my shoes want to pay to be a part of a forum as it is at the moment, or would you rather pay for how it was a while back.

By the way I'm all up for a laugh, and those that know me can vouch for that. But there is a time and a place.

This is a work related forum, and I feel it should be kept this way. You can use the members only bit for the banter, the public can't see this.

Spot on, we are guests at Stevie Bs place and if you get leery, consider yourself chucked out:thumbup:

What about a three strike system - three warnings and you are out, it may sort out some of our wayward friends that like to ridicule - think we are pretty much OK on the Chainsaw Tech side of things now!

Its probably not for me to say and you may have something already. I would have a template Dear John letter " this is your warning any more your out " You should not need to do it but if its a hand full of people it should be easy. Some people seem to think its some sort of free government resource a bit like citizens advice. People dont have an automatic right to use the forum. I try not to retaliate if attacked on here as it just escalates but it has got harder over the last year.