High pressure gas pipe

renewablejohn

I once used a contractor on stump removal with a Becker. First stump he went into ripped up a high pressure main. Pipe was off supposedly marked route and was not at minimum reccommended depth. Gas company wriggled out of it along with contractor. Luckily insurance co paid. Be careful.

have a large pipe on my ground and they do not like me doing anything near it as such we used 360 without teeth. and with one of there guys on site whislt doing it. get hold of them and ask for there field engineer to come out and work out best way to clear it. but 360 should pull them out but with extreme care if that went up you would not know what happened or find whats left of you. take care.

We have a large pipe that has fuel could be petrel or derv running through it a few weeks ago the police caught a tanker lorry parked in a pull in on the a49 with a pipe running from the pipe line into it. They had dug down and drilled in to the cast iron pipe and put a valve in. They got 26k every time they filled up and were at it every night for four weeks. The reason the police did a check was no tax or insurance. They reckon if it had been petrol running through it that it would of gone off like a bomb.

Whats the best method for grubbing out ash coppice over the top of a high pressure gas pipe. Gas board are a bit jumpy about having an excavator on site but I dont fancy doing by hand as theres 500 mtrs to be done.

DON'T.

Under the (exceptional) circumstances, can they not be left in situ n 'treated / poisoned'?

Otherwise spade / mattock / axe n 'hard graft'...wait for a cold day, n get paid day rate.

Take it steady..

Paul