bar and chain

woodman1

• Replies 21
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

Posted Images

If it's running ok and you can get parts for it, then things are hunky-dory. But if parts are a problem, then that £65 saw was a false economy. Maybe time to cut and run, no pun intended. Go for a saw from one of the majors or you could get another of the same for £65 plus p+p.. Problem there is, what happens when you need another bar? And so it continues.

MMmm Nice:lol: I saw a Chinese saw once where the bar slot had opened up to around twice its normal width and the chain sat at a 45 degree angle! Made out of silver cheese:thumbdown:

You will really need to compare the bar mount to established mounts from Husqvarna and Stihl to see if either will fit and explore others if it doesn't.

The usual limiting factors are the diameter of the bar studs, the tensioner adjuster position and the oil hole position.

Logic tells me that they probably copied Ryobi, McCulloch or one of the other low cost saw manufacturers design.

You could put an image of the bar mount up and all the relevant dims so we can see what might work - and we would also need the pitch of chain - 3/8 LP, 3/8 full profile or 0.325"being the most common.

does anybody know what oregon 12" bar and chain fits a neilsen MT-7777.

Take your saw to the nearest Oregon dealer see OREGON®: Public

and see dealer locator, they can look at the bar mount as spud says and decide what will fit.

I have never heard of neilson in all my years in the industry [1980] onwards just shows you can learn something new, put a pic up on here for all to see

"If it's running ok and you can get parts for it, then things are hunky-dory."

thats why i am asking if anybody knows what bar and chain would fit,it would be used once a year,now and again for a month,the chain is .325 and i have seen them advertised with an oregon chain and bar ([ame]http://www.amazon.co.uk/Petrol-Chainsaw-Oregon-Chain-Neilsen/dp/B002MDBCVO[/ame] ) any help would greatly appreciated as at the moment i am laid up with a busted leg,otherwise i would take it to the appropriate shop and find out.many thanks woodman1