The positive's about conifers...

Arran Turner

Whilst topping a conifer hedge out today I made a list of positives about them in my brain:

If there was no conifers there would be alot less work (Definatly in the SE anyway)

Can produce repeat work for many years to come

Customer will always see the difference from before and after

As a climber it can improve footwork, cutting speed, strength etc!

I was enjoying thinking about my list, then i cut through a wasps nest with the topper, one little bugger crawled through the vent on my helmet and stung me on the head 3 times. :thumbdown:

The Joys of conifers :biggrin: wont bother writing the negatives as everyone already knows them

Whilst topping a conifer hedge out today I made a list of positives about them in my brain:

If there was no conifers there would be alot less work (Definatly in the SE anyway)

I was enjoying thinking about my list, then i cut through a wasps nest with the topper, one little bugger crawled through the vent on my helmet and stung me on the head 3 times. :thumbdown:

The Joys of conifers :biggrin: wont bother writing the negatives as everyone already knows them

Good points. They've been called the mortgage tree before:001_smile:

:lol::lol::lol: someone obviously had a great day :lol::lol::lol:

Good positive approach to get through it :thumbup:

Sometimes they can be bloody challenging. We can all climb big mature beech trees, to be able to work a widespread connie that's been topped ten years ago is a real test for me ...

worst thing yet, was the moosh who had topped the conni prior to me about 5 years ago had left everything he cut up there so It was a black rotting mess and i was cutting bellow all of his old cut points. :thumbup1:

:lol::lol::lol: someone obviously had a great day :lol::lol::lol:

Good positive approach to get through it :thumbup:

Yes will power was involved. all you can do is laugh really, when we was clearing up the customer asked me where the wasps nest was so i pointed to the clump that I didn't top out, he then said "Cant you just nock the nest out the hedge and finish that section". :001_rolleyes:

I had to deal with wasps to day my groundy was doing some clearing under the large Scott's pine were taking down when he called over the labour to take over. Next thing the labour is running round the clients garden screaming like a girl because he go stung. I looked at my groundy who had a big cheesy grin and said by the way there's a wasps nest in the middle of all that stingers under ground...typical ex army. So got the pest control out.

Choose a job you love, and you will never have to work a day in your life.

Edited by tarzan