Cheap chainsaw

home of wood

Personally I would stay well clear of it, a mate bought one similar, used it once and it pretty much fell to pieces so sent it back. I would spend a little more and go for a small husqy or stihl to be honest or (I will get slated for this but what the hell) you could get a small McCullough...my old man has had one and used it regularly for years cutting logs with out any problems, been through maybe 4-5 bars and 3-4 chains a bar so has done a fair bit really, only cost him £99 too so a real bargain in my eyes

Sent using Arbtalk Mobile App

Got to be honest here my initial thoughts were cheap Chinese PANTS saw 25:1 mix ratio gives it away as a Chinker and I would not buy one myself . However after the supermarket music on the vid it did sound and perform slightly better than I thought . The wood looked like a piece of cheese though . On balance spend a bit more for a home owner Husky or even as has been said a yellow McCullough ....

I would look at an older Husky or Stihl but just make sure it is a good runner.

The Stihl 024, 021,023 and Husky Ranchers are older and slightly less sought after saws but are still good performers and are solidly built, you may try a 266 Husky if you want a heavier hitter or if you want a more modern saw, the 350 and 345 Huskys are both well made and nice to use - £120 - £150 should get you something that will last and still have a good residual price if you sell!

I have husqvarna's and stihl's but needed another saw for light work but didn't want to spend a fortune but after the above comments I've just bit the bullet and bought a Stihl MS181 £190... Feel pleased with it . Nice saw :)

Is the right answer !!!:biggrin: