Husky 135 or Stihl Ms181

Marcl

Hi gents,

I am looking for a new saw, nothing big, firewood saw really, bit of pruning etc. I have narrowed it down to a Husky 135, stihl ms181 or even a 211 at a push. I have Stihl stuff and it's served me well, but I keep hearing that stuff from them is getting made a little cheaper nowadays. But I also hear people saying the little Husky's can be a bit of a pain to start.:confused1:

Please give me your opinions.

Thanks,

Marc.

I was going to ask the exact same question. Perhaps the question should be 'Husy 135 or Stihl 181 or Husky 236, as they all seem to be about the same level.

I compared the two on paper, and I have to say that Stihl has the edge on weight and vibration, so I shall be staying with MS181s. The last two I bought though do seem a touch cheaper, I think the needle bearing is on the way out in one (after only six months!) Weight is key for me with these saws as they are the type I keep on machines, and I can't justify an MS-150 for that!

Thanks for the replies. I have to say that because of Stihls' policy It looks like I'm being pushed towards the Husky. The facts are that my local dealer is not cheap, I just rang him for a price. So the husky is £165 vs £220 for the Stihl. That's quite a difference. It's a bit annoying really because all my stuff is Stihl.

So with that in mind would you guy's pay the extra?

@ Doobin. From what I have heard the 236 seems to be a lot harder to start than the 135. But It's only from what I have read. Not from personal experience.

Marc.

I bought a 135, a friend has the Stihl and it went back a few times because it wasn't oiling. He also says it's a reluctant starter. What's the difference between the 135 and the 435 ? They look similar spec on paper.

Just checked and the 435 has a 3 piece crank and visible fuel level so it shouldn't affect the little bit I do too much not having these.

Edited by peatff