Opinions on Massey 2680

Dave177

Evening All,

Been offered a MF 2680 by a friend of a friend for 6k, its done about 5000 hrs and is a 2000 model.

I would be looking at putting our 6t fransgard on the back, moving trailers of logs and possibly a bit of forwarding work in the woods.

Is it too big to get in the woods in reality? and what are they like for reliability?

Thanks

Dave

Evening All,

Been offered a MF 2680 by a friend of a friend for 6k, its done about 5000 hrs and is a 2000 model.

I would be looking at putting our 6t fransgard on the back, moving trailers of logs and possibly a bit of forwarding work in the woods.

Is it too big to get in the woods in reality? and what are they like for reliability?

Thanks

Dave

HI DAVE thats a old big in size but not hp 130/140 perkins whats the year as they done a 2640/ to mate thanks jon :thumbup:

Evening All,

Thanks

Dave

I ran a 2640 for a number of years, mostly site work, running a chipper and dragging timber.

They are big and a bit numb, wouldn't be my choice for tight spaces but it will do your winch and any other shaft work a treat.

Reliability wise you wont have many problems. They are simple to maintain and repair, I had a broken selector fork and replaced the hydraulic pump in 8 years and sold it to export for more than I gave for it so while I think the price is on the top side I am not surprised

yes the 2680 is a bit big for the woods not very nimble mate perfect for foraging, slurry tanker and ploughing your better off getting a late 80's early 90's mf 399 if you want a six cylinder there great tractors and very good value for the money or 390 like tractor boy said alot of people used them after the 7610 ford's went to plastic underbelly diesel tank and now i think most people use valmets:thumbup::thumbup:

The size may or may not be an issue in the woods, but assuming this one is 4WD the turning circle WILL be!

If I remember correct, it's a 2640 with a turbo giving it another 20hp. There was a bigger version still, the 2720 but not sure on hp.

They are a beast as mentioned above, the single door puts some folk off but if you bought it and kept it a few years it would certainly earn its keep and loose little money.

Good hard working beast.

yes the 2680 is a bit big for the woods not very nimble mate perfect for foraging, slurry tanker and ploughing your better off getting a late 80's early 90's mf 399 if you want a six cylinder there great tractors and very good value for the money or 390 like tractor boy said alot of people used them after the 7610 ford's went to plastic underbelly diesel tank and now i think most people use valmets:thumbup::thumbup:

HI SHAVEY i have a mf399 with load and i love good on dev to and turns well too thanks jon :thumbup:

Evening All,

Thanks

Dave

if you can wait bit eg 3 weeks farm sale coming up at west meon nr petersfield Jacobs and hunt petersfield, allways plenty of tractors for sale just need to know what you are looking at and what there worth but good little JD sold last time for 2k tidy tractor have been ok working in woods father in law had one was Small and nimble but with the power