Looking for kernmaster

munkymadman

• Replies 34
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Nice rope in the hand but its too bouncy for me :( If kernmaster was low stretch it would be the winner. Still using cougar blue at the moment but I want to try new england escalator!

Kernmaster is low stretch static line it's just that cougar blue is no stretch, it's worth considering that if you had an accident on cougar blue you may not be covered by the company you work fors insurance. But don't worry we got an old bit of Marlow lying around you can use on Monday only got a few minor nicks in it.

I would like to see a the possibility of having lines like Cougar, Sterling and escalator approved in for commercial work in Europe as its ridiculous that In the USA and Aus/NZ these lines are used and approved for climbing.

Been looking at Beal Dynastat it has a dyneema core so would of thought it very static, it has dual conformity as both static and dynamic as the dyneema core is designed to fail at something like 4kn, it's the dual conformity that makes me think it will still be static like Kernmaster or other European static lines. Still deciding if its worth a punt, or just get another Sterling HTP line.

Had a jam on my kernmaster yesterday just having a play in a park. I really liked it, minimal bounce, holds knots nicely. I've climbed on escalator (but not owned it) and that's like climbing on steel wire, which is probably great for access but for working on I'd feel happier knowing it had a bit of play.

I'm being really picky here though, kernmaster is pretty much static compared to a lot of other ropes out there.

Kernmaster is low stretch static line it's just that cougar blue is no stretch, it's worth considering that if you had an accident on cougar blue you may not be covered by the company you work fors insurance. But don't worry we got an old bit of Marlow lying around you can use on Monday only got a few minor nicks in it.

I would like to see a the possibility of having lines like Cougar, Sterling and escalator approved in for commercial work in Europe as its ridiculous that In the USA and Aus/NZ these lines are used and approved for climbing.

Why can't you import and then use them yourself?

Edited by High Scale

Why can't you import and then use them yourself?

That would be dodgy, immoral and highly illegal. You can find all these ropes easily enough the fact remains they do not have certificate's of conformity to be used commercially in Europe. Which I think is a little silly although my knowledge is very limited in this.

From my understanding it comes down to worse case scenario accidents subsequent investigations and insurance question will be asked why your climbing on non CE approved PPE.

I have and climb on all these lines, my argument is it conforms to ANSI and would argue if its fit for Americans and Aus/NZ the. Why not Europe?

Although do not get this desire for climbing on wire particularly in the UK and our little trees where working on something 30m is rare, I could understand if it was a 50-70m Euc